Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Really?  Adults really say this?  I see this posted in here, and I've got a certain friend who says it regularly, and it sounds like pansy whining each and every time.  To me, this is a phrase that is uttered by little girls and toddlers.  You hurt my feelings.  Is it really other people's responsibility to guard the feelings of adults?  There are really adults in this world, and lots of them, who are so sensitive that their feelers get wounded?  And they seem to expect that that matters to anybody outside their own heads?  It's right up there with "that offends me", which is another stupid thing people say that just doesn't matter to anybody else.  

Or is it just that many aren't capable of using adult language to describe emotions like anger, frustration, jealousy, envy, betrayal, or other negative emotions?  

by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 6:44 PM
Replies (91-91):
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:40 PM
1 mom liked this

it's such an asshole thing to say, I absolutely love it lol

Quoting Saille717:

I am completely head over heels in love with the phrasing, "you poor special little snowflake" -- I want this in a bumper sticker of some kind!  

Quoting 428:

If someone hurts my feelings I will say you made me feel like shit because.....  

To my son however I do speak on his level, so he understands.  "when you say that it hurts mommy's feelings."

Everytime an adult says that I have the urge to say "aww, the poor little muffin.  I hurted your feewings did I? Aw you poor special little snowflake."

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN