Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Omgosh!

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 6:58 PM
  • 7 Replies
How old was your child when they learned to ride a bike? How long did it take them to catch on? My daughter is 7 and we just taught her yesterday. She practiced a little after school and she pretty much already has the hang of it! She just has a problem with using her breaks! lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 6:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
beingme75
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:00 PM

it varies for everyone..it depends if they have older siblings also.. i am the oldest and i learned when i was 6..my youngest DS learned when he was 3 and a half..yes jumping the curb and everything!!! but he has a brother that is 4 and a half years older than him and he basically had now choice to learn. his brother put him on a bike ( we lived on a dead end) and sent him down the street towards the dead end several times..by the end of the day he was jumping the curb and doing tricks. brothers for u!!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:04 PM
Hahahahaha my dd refused to!! We had to almost force her to even try. Even though she COULD do it she just was not having it. She's 8, we bought her the bike last Easter, and just recently sold it in damn near new condition. I hate that she doesn't want to even try but I don't want to force her because then she will never do it so I am just going to leave it to her. When/if she ever wants to we'll go from there. Lol
tlcory
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:06 PM

BUMP!

xanayda
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:08 PM
My mom age i was 3 when i learned to ride with no training wheels. lol i thought she was just playing! guess it's possible. :)

Quoting beingme75:

it varies for everyone..it depends if they have older siblings also.. i am the oldest and i learned when i was 6..my youngest DS learned when he was 3 and a half..yes jumping the curb and everything!!! but he has a brother that is 4 and a half years older than him and he basically had now choice to learn. his brother put him on a bike ( we lived on a dead end) and sent him down the street towards the dead end several times..by the end of the day he was jumping the curb and doing tricks. brothers for u!!!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
supermama322
by Kaylee on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:11 PM

Last year for her 5th birthday we got her a bike. She learned that day.

xanayda
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:11 PM
My daughter was like that for a while too. Her brother just got a new bike for christmas and he's only 2.5. I think she started wanting to ride without training wheels then because she wanted to feel bigger than him. :)

Quoting Anonymous:

Hahahahaha my dd refused to!! We had to almost force her to even try. Even though she COULD do it she just was not having it. She's 8, we bought her the bike last Easter, and just recently sold it in damn near new condition. I hate that she doesn't want to even try but I don't want to force her because then she will never do it so I am just going to leave it to her. When/if she ever wants to we'll go from there. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
armywifey26
by Krissy on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:12 PM

My DD turns 10 tomorrow and she still doesn't know. Every time we try and show her she freaks out. So she rides around on her electric scooter instead. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)