Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

come in and tell me if im doing this all wrong...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 59 Replies
we have one car right now that we make payments on. almost three hundred a mth. (still owe almost 6k)(buy here pay here place)
we were recieving fs and medicaid, no cash assistance though.
we will be reapplying for fs/med again next week.
we recieved 4k today (not our tax refund) and went and found him a car for 1250 dollars. we will be picking it up in the morning.
i am still looking for a second car off CL so the car we make payments on can go back.
i have been a sahm for 5yrs, but since our situation currently requires additional income to get back on our feet and off PA, i found a job. its just shy of 40 hrs a week. my dh works almost full time and goes to school full time. we need two cars so i can work. i pay a family member to keep my kids when im at work. cheaper and safer than daycare.

now ive seen so many people say that if you recieve PA you dont need two cars, and its a luxury. weve been a one car family for a few mths but now that we are both working we each need a vehicle.

my dh cannot quit school, hes disables mil, so he recieved edu/asst from VA to go to school, thats part of our income.

my question is, am i doing the right thing by buying a second vehicle and going to work or should i not purchase the vehicle and continue to stay home?

btw, our credits already shot, so that doesnt matter right now. and it wont report to our credit anyway because it was a "buy here pay here" place.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:10 PM
Well. Depends on how much you value your credit I suppose
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:11 PM

smfh

beingme75
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:11 PM

ehhhh buy the second car and go to work...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:12 PM
our credits already shot. but the car lot was a "buy here pay here" so they dont report surrenders to credit agencies.

Quoting Anonymous:

firemouse23
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:13 PM

Have you looked into refinancing the current car to get your payments lowered?  I would go that route first rather than allow the car to be repoed.  I wish you luck in your situation...but definitely go to work and help your family get back on their feet.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:13 PM
i was hoping for real answers, why do you say smfh? what am i doing wrong?

Quoting Anonymous:

smfh

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:13 PM
it was bought at a "buy here pay here" place, they dont do refi's.

Quoting firemouse23:

Have you looked into refinancing the current car to get your payments lowered?  I would go that route first rather than allow the car to be repoed.  I wish you luck in your situation...but definitely go to work and help your family get back on their feet.  

soon2bmomof3619
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:14 PM

You're doing it to try to get off PA, IMO that makes it the right thing to do for sure.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:14 PM
You'll still owe that money....

Quoting Anonymous:

our credits already shot. but the car lot was a "buy here pay here" so they dont report surrenders to credit agencies.

Quoting Anonymous:

lowencope
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:15 PM
I don't think it's wrong to have two cars. It's easy for well off ppl who have two or three cars to say that, but who are we kidding? Two working ppl need two working cars!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)