Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Confessions of a Poor Mom

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 57 Replies
2 moms liked this

First of all my DF does have a job, and we do have an apartment with electricity. ATM however, we do not have foodstamps because DF hasn't been able to turn in his pay stubs, we have 3 kids, 2 of which are newborns. We have little food, I bf so I have to eat, but I'd rather not so I can make sure my toddler has plenty to eat. So my confession is that I feel bad when I eat, but I have to in order to produce breastmilk for the twins. I also feel bad when I can't buy him clothes, most of his are hand-me-downs from cousins or my friends' kids. I wish I were one of those moms with out a care money wise, I want so badly to be able to have money to spend on frivolous things like toys for my toddler and the twins when they get older. Really hope my DF goes to college so we can afford extra things. For now though I just really want a job that'll let me pump every couple hours..

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TrouserMouse
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:17 PM
3 moms liked this

You just have to keep your head up and keep putting one foot in front of the other. Always have goals...big ones and small ones.  Always work towards them no matter how impossible they seem.  Things can and do get better if you want them to.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:21 PM

Thank you, I hope they get better soon, I don't want my kids to grow up in poverty..

Quoting TrouserMouse:

You just have to keep your head up and keep putting one foot in front of the other. Always have goals...big ones and small ones.  Always work towards them no matter how impossible they seem.  Things can and do get better if you want them to.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:23 PM
If wishes were horses, beggars would ride.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MeeshMom
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:23 PM
1 mom liked this

Why not find a local food pantry? You have to do what you have to do. Hopefully things will begin to look up for your family.

kaffedrikke
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:24 PM

I would have df get a moonlighting job.  It can be done.  I do wish you the best and soon it will get better.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:25 PM
Why can't he produce pay stubs? You get them at paydays right?
mommy2twoboys46
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:26 PM
2 moms liked this

It takes a lot of hard work, but you can make a better life for all of you. I had my first son when I was 18 and I worked at Burger King. My husband (then boyfriend) lost his job and I had to support us on $7.15 an hour, as a Team Leader at BK. There were times that I had to walk to work because I had to use my money to buy diapers and couldn't put gas in my car. But I didn't give up, I have worked hard, went to school and now we own a nice home, have nice vehicles and we have two kids who never go without, actually they are quite spoiled. We are off PA and living pretty nicely. We are far from rich, but certainly no longer poor. Good luck to you, you can do it if you really want to and you work hard.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:26 PM

Most of us go through hard times, and alot of us had it tough when we first started. As far as you eating, I understand how you feel, I was like that too when money was tight for us, I would only eat odd things that I didn't think the kids would eat anyway. BUT you have to eat because your bf, so just keep in mind that the food you eat does go to the twins, also you need to keep your strength up to be able to care for all the kids. Hang in there, these times don't last forever. Life is always changing.

QueenBof6
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:26 PM
How old are the babies?
And do you work.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TrouserMouse
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:27 PM
2 moms liked this

We had rough times when my kids were little.  We were poor.  We were even in a homeless shelter at one time.  The one thing about kids is that as long as they have people that love them and do their best, they don't really remember it the same way you will.  Our kids know we had hard times, but it didn't really affect them because they always felt loved and taken care of no matter what.  They didn't really realize how bad off it was.

Quoting Anonymous:

Thank you, I hope they get better soon, I don't want my kids to grow up in poverty..

Quoting TrouserMouse:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN