Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Stupid WALMART Cashier.....Calling all Military wives.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 70 Replies

So I was shopping at Walamrt today. I asked her is they sell international phone cards. She said that they may have some but they are few and far between. She went looking. She found a few. I asked her if I could use it with a cell phone. She wasn't sure. I told her that my hubby is deployed in Afganistan(sp) and that I needed it. She told me that it would work for him to call me. Well than I told her that it was for me to call him.

That it when it all started. She told me I can't call. Stupid idiot I just did.  I asked what she was talking about. She said the phone cards are for him to me. She told me that he shouldn't even have his phone. I am 22 a new mom I need away to talk to my husband. SHe said her husband is in the army that how she knows.

:Military wives....do you all call your hubby's?? 

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
GreenEyePixie
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:21 PM
I didn't call him, because he didn't have a phone there. But I knew wives who did. We skyped more than anything. It was easier and free.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:21 PM

Bumpity

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:22 PM

So she was wrong I can call him?

Quoting GreenEyePixie:

I didn't call him, because he didn't have a phone there. But I knew wives who did. We skyped more than anything. It was easier and free.

GreenEyePixie
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:23 PM
As far as I know, as long as he has a working phone and there is no communications ban, you should be able to call. He would be able to answer you since every deployment and area is different.

Quoting Anonymous:

So she was wrong I can call him?

Quoting GreenEyePixie:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommykate4
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:23 PM

nope we just did skype and messenger ..:) nothing wrong w/ you calling him if he has a p hone though.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:25 PM

She said her husband was not allowed a phone. Maybe My husband's unit is just better.

Quoting mommykate4:

nope we just did skype and messenger ..:) nothing wrong w/ you calling him if he has a p hone though.

MommyCirca2004
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:25 PM
It all depends on his branch, his location, and whether its against regulations or not. I would guess that since you've already done so and your dh hasn't stated otherwise, it isn't a problem for you to call him.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
.Nobody.
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:27 PM
Nope I didn't call him. I always waited for him to call me on the phone or through Skype.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BamaMommy2
by Angel.N.Disguise on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:32 PM

My brother is in Afghanistan right now and we can't call him. He can only call us once a week, usually. He is allowed to use skype and facebook while he's at the base.

CatFishMom
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:34 PM
5 moms liked this

If her husband isnt allowed to have a phone, she might not realize that some soldiers are allowed. That doesnt make her stupid, it only means that she shared the only information she may have. Your being here asking doesnt make you stupid, it means you only had one half of the information as well.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)