• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Only in Indiana...PIOG

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:26 PM
  • 13 Replies
Can someone make this clicky?

http://fox59.com/2013/01/31/update-elephants-stranded-on-side-of-road-west-of-i-70-crash/

And.....discuss...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ilovemymonkeys4
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:31 PM

Insanity! I was looking at the news earlier. Another incident happened similar to this in our big snow storm the day after christmas. People just don't slow down. I was on the interstate today in the snow and do you know how many people flew past me?? It's crazy!

mom22angels38
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:45 PM
I know! Did you read the article? The accident before that involved 40-50 vehicles. I'm amazed someone wasn't killed. Now those poor elephants are freezing out there. :(

Quoting ilovemymonkeys4:

Insanity! I was looking at the news earlier. Another incident happened similar to this in our big snow storm the day after christmas. People just don't slow down. I was on the interstate today in the snow and do you know how many people flew past me?? It's crazy!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ilovemymonkeys4
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:49 PM

That's exactly what I said to DH! I said it's amazing that no one died in that crash! I saw on article about it on FB with a video that shows the scene. Both sides of the highway! So crazy! It looks like they updated that the elephants are no longer out in the elements!

Quoting mom22angels38:

I know! Did you read the article? The accident before that involved 40-50 vehicles. I'm amazed someone wasn't killed. Now those poor elephants are freezing out there. :(

Quoting ilovemymonkeys4:

mom22angels38
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:11 PM
Omg! I just read an update. Evidently the elephants were purposely unloaded until they got the trailer back on the roadway. They never escaped at all. That's Fox News for ya.....lol! Well, I'm happy that it all turned out okay. :)

Quoting ilovemymonkeys4:

That's exactly what I said to DH! I said it's amazing that no one died in that crash! I saw on article about it on FB with a video that shows the scene. Both sides of the highway! So crazy! It looks like they updated that the elephants are no longer out in the elements!

Quoting mom22angels38:

Quoting ilovemymonkeys4:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ADC2005
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:14 PM
OP are you from the area? So am I! And yes it's crazy no one was killed, I feel horrible for the elephants
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mom22angels38
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:19 PM
I'm up in Purdue country, so not too far away. I couldn't believe it when I saw the original accident. Then I saw the elephants. Gah! How close are you?

Quoting ADC2005:

OP are you from the area? So am I! And yes it's crazy no one was killed, I feel horrible for the elephants

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ADC2005
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:21 PM
I am on the far North of Madison County
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ilovemymonkeys4
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:22 PM
I'm in the indy area!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom22angels38
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:47 PM
I used to live near Castleton and then near Fishers for about 4 years. :)

Quoting ilovemymonkeys4:

I'm in the indy area!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom22angels38
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:49 PM
Aww! One of my old friends grew up in Pendleton. That's my extent of knowledge about Madison County. :)

Quoting ADC2005:

I am on the far North of Madison County

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)