Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I knew it wasn't safe to ERF....

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Past two years anyway. I went to my WIC appointment today and they're now handing out pamphlets saying that to REDUCE RISK OF INJURY to you're child, they need to be FRONT FACING by two years of age. Hmmm. I'm pretty sure I've seen on here that you're supposed to ERF them until 4 and 5....so again I ask....are you sure?

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:27 PM
Replies (301-310):
helema24
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 6:47 PM

yuh it does the sun gives cancer all the time and its a star... doesnt mean i wont go outside!!

Quoting Anonymous:

...and star light causes cancer.

power bitch slap internetMuslim Cat prays towards Mecca. LoL by: wirgylovesamletoandshayaprofessor cat. replySPOCK'S MILKSHAKE[]

Aleta775
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 8:38 PM

It is very obvious to me that you are either Kyles mom or for some reason that story really got to you. Can you relate because YOU had a child die in a booster rather than a five point harness? 

Here is one for you, I have other causes I care about. Okay? You busy yourself with yours, and I'll keep busy with mine. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Oh I get it. You think the bare minimum is fine for other kids. Don;'t educate them-don't advocate for better laws-screw them right? Here are some stats about booster seats. http://www.cdc.gov/motorvehiclesafety/child_passenger_safety/cps-factsheet.html

Now, MY cause that I feel strongly about is child abuse. Here are some stats on that. http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/children-die-day-abuse-neglect-us/story?id=8883519 This is where I have some experience, since I was abused. 

That is MY cause. I'm too busy with one to work on another. Don't tell me that one cause is more worthy than the other. 

No wonder you find all of this hilarious.  Again, I said that YOU are hiliarious. I wasn't talking about the situtation. Get over yourself. 

You simply don't give a damn about any other child than your own. Go you! Wow. You really are a bitch. You have no idea what kind of time and effort I have put into trying to help other people. You know nothing about me, so you cannot fairly make that kind of statement. 

I'm sorry that my links are not clicky. 

Melbornj
by Platinum Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 8:40 PM

Yep I don't buy that for a second, bull crap.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:13 PM

i was being sarcastic O.o

Quoting helema24:

yuh it does the sun gives cancer all the time and its a star... doesnt mean i wont go outside!!

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 57 on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:16 PM
No.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 58 on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:18 PM

I saw a mom who has a 16 year old in a boaster seat and a 10 ERF. Only on this site. I wouldn't put my kids through boaster seats in middle or high school.

Quoting Anonymous:

Past two years anyway. I went to my WIC appointment today and they're now handing out pamphlets saying that to REDUCE RISK OF INJURY to you're child, they need to be FRONT FACING by two years of age. Hmmm. I'm pretty sure I've seen on here that you're supposed to ERF them until 4 and 5....so again I ask....are you sure?

jeslc03
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:21 PM
Where do your kids poor legs go?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 18 on Feb. 3, 2013 at 7:12 AM

Quoting Aleta775:

It is very obvious to me that you are either Kyles mom or for some reason that story really got to you. Can you relate because YOU had a child die in a booster rather than a five point harness? 

Here is one for you, I have other causes I care about. Okay? You busy yourself with yours, and I'll keep busy with mine. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Oh I get it. You think the bare minimum is fine for other kids. Don;'t educate them-don't advocate for better laws-screw them right? Here are some stats about booster seats. http://www.cdc.gov/motorvehiclesafety/child_passenger_safety/cps-factsheet.html

Now, MY cause that I feel strongly about is child abuse. Here are some stats on that. http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/children-die-day-abuse-neglect-us/story?id=8883519 This is where I have some experience, since I was abused. 

That is MY cause. I'm too busy with one to work on another. Don't tell me that one cause is more worthy than the other. 

No wonder you find all of this hilarious.  Again, I said that YOU are hiliarious. I wasn't talking about the situtation. Get over yourself. 

You simply don't give a damn about any other child than your own. Go you! Wow. You really are a bitch. You have no idea what kind of time and effort I have put into trying to help other people. You know nothing about me, so you cannot fairly make that kind of statement. 

I'm sorry that my links are not clicky. 

I have more than one cause I care about. And I don't find it hilarious that people beat their children. Nor would it be hilarious if you told me about incidinces of this nature.  And Kyle Millers Mother is pretty busy running the foundation they created to educate people on this subject.

Nor do I think it is necessary to have a child die in order for me to feel passionately about a subject.

If it helps, do you know that  the majority of the ADULT elderly who are abused by their kids were abusive to their children?   It's a cycle that often continues for generations. You can see the Moms on here talking about "popping" their very young children.  And justifying it.  They will go ballistic if you call it hitting. 

helema24
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 4:01 PM

i know i was messin with ya!!

Quoting Anonymous:

i was being sarcastic O.o

Quoting helema24:

Quoting Anonymous:

power bitch slap internetMuslim Cat prays towards Mecca. LoL by: wirgylovesamletoandshayaprofessor cat. replySPOCK'S MILKSHAKE[]

Tiff_R_92
by Silver Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 4:03 PM
What is erf?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN