Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Stupid working moms!!! Ugh!!! Update. ETA...

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I am an in home day care provider. I have been watching this little girl since she was born, she is 3 now. I love her, I have taught her to walk, potty trained her, I take he to her doctors appointments, I taught her to count say her abc's and spell her name. All she talks about lately is her mommy. I am the one caring for her, her mom sees he 3 hours a day. She sucks. I know more about her than anyone and I'm sick of hearing about her!!! Ugh!! Vent over.
Update:
I am not a troll. I love her, I have raised her and taught her everything she knows. I really don't care if you think that's crazy or not. Bite me!
ETA: you bitches crack me up. Because I think her mom is worthless and I don't want to hear about her, all of a sudden the equates to me wanting to kidnap said child, or that I am trying to get between her and her mother? No. Never said that. All I said is in this case mom is never around. I think she sucks and I don't like talking about her, I have never once encouraged this child to hate her mother. Ever. I think you all just had your insecurities tested. That's what I think.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:52 PM
Replies (121-130):
shackelford8610
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:03 PM

umm did you birth her? NOOOOO! She isn't yours so find a different job then! Obviously that little girl talks about her mom for a reason... SHE LOVES HER!

a5hl3yC
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:03 PM

Do you teach younger children? Have you ever considered taking on night classes? Or teaching at a college? I've heard college teachers make more money but I'm not sure on how true it is. I've only seen the numbers for my local highschool and the highest earning teacher was around 45k with the principle at 120k.

Quoting KairisMama:

Okay take my profession as an example. I have NO OTHER option than to work DAYS. I teach. The other poster may not have other options with her job either. ;) Not everyone can work nights. That other poster is a single parent. There is no DH for her to work opposite shifts with. It's not all cut and dry.

Quoting Anonymous:

I knew it looked wrong..

I get that people need to work!! I worked nights so my kids wouldn't miss me. I've also work opposite shift of my DH so the kids can spend time with one of us. Family is important!!

I think there are options and some people care more about their work than their children..
That's just how some people are.

Josie_P
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:04 PM

I agree. It's starting to become more and more uncommon, unfortunately.

Quoting Anonymous:

Oh good you don't have to suffer alone. It's just sad to see how many kids currently deal with divorce and rarely get to see either parent now.

Quoting Josie_P:

Nah, hubs is right beside me snoring.

Quoting Anonymous:

Oh so your husband left you too? is it because of that winning personality you have?

Quoting Josie_P:

Didn't you know? All women are equipped with that ability...oh wait, we're not? Darn.

Quoting KairisMama:

I'm sorry, are you implying that women go into marriage KNOWING the man will up and leave? When did women get psychic abilities?

IGNORANCE! SMH

Quoting Anonymous:

Reality is not everyone gets married to an asshole who just ups and leaves their family behind just sayin

audreesmama
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:04 PM

*Starts singing "Hey Jealousy"*

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:05 PM

You are ripping on the other mom  for the 3 hours a day.  When did she say she works 7 days a week? I am sure she has days off too. In fact she said she gets 9 weeks of vacation a year.

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm talking about everyday. My kids go to school as well...they wake up at 7am. We still spend time together and the weekends are 24/7.
If kids are at daycares more than in their homes I think it's sad!! That's all there is to it.

Quoting Anonymous:

My child gets off school at 4:15 and off the bus at 4:30. Her bedtime is 8:00. Do I suck too for spending 3.5 hours with her a night? Am I terrible for sending her to school? lol Do you hear yourself?

Quoting Anonymous:

You should add that.
I think if you spend 3 hrs together a night only that that sucks ass for both. If you can't have a relationship with your children because you work too much, I truly believe it sucks for all involved! If I could only spend homework time and dinner and bedtime with my kids everyday of the week, it would be horrible. Honestly I would think welfare may be an option at that point.
This is the only life you are gauranteed to get. I would not want to completely waste it. That's just my opinion.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:06 PM

No some guys flake out and that's terrible it was the way it was worded that urked me. Stating "I'm a single mom therefore I have the right to never be home" attitude. Both my husband and I work does this mean I should get extra hours with her or only make him work so I have all day. There is no one set way to go about it but it is nice to try and open up options. I'm just saying if she's really trapped into all of the expense by herself take him to court,make him pay just as much since she stuck around and those kids deserve time with her and she shouldn't have to take the load on by herself.

Quoting KairisMama:

So you are 100% positive that woman entered into a marriage knowing he was an asshole? Really? Men and women don't change ever? They are what they are from the get go?

Quoting Anonymous:

Are you that blind? I said marry an asshole. Does that really put the blame on her? I simply think people need to know more about each other and if there is a chance it doesn't work out put it in writing so a mom does not have to raise the children by herself. If anything it's unfair to burden expenses two people created on one person. I hate seeing the excuse "I'm a single mom" there are many programs to help woman get it together so they can be involved. I just wish it was more of an option for some.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:07 PM

You sound obsessed with your customer's child. Unless you start paying child support or providing FREE childcare, your customer should make other arrangements before you do something to her or her child.

cupcake_mom
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:07 PM
Wow im an in home care giver too and i would never say that. i would never be jealouse of one of my "kids" talking about their parents. you really need to think of getting a different job if you are going to act this way. i went to the same in home care giver for 13 years and never once did she ever say this or feel this way. we are still good friends and still consider her part of our family.
You mam are a loon
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ms.Pink.
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:07 PM
Reality is shit happens, marriages fail. Reality is mothers do what's necessary to provide fit their kids when these circumstances arise. Reality is NOT that every child is born into a picture perfect marriage that's guaranteed to last till death, where daddy is sole provider and mommy can sit at home. If you truly think that way, I pray you aren't raising a daughter. Are you gonna shame her and bash her if she has a marriage fail as well? Or are you gonna teach her to stand back up and do everything in her power for her kids?

Quoting Anonymous:

Reality is not everyone gets married to an asshole who just ups and leaves their family behind just sayin

Quoting Ms.Pink.:

What else are women who's husbands leave them supposed to do? Sit at home and collect welfare? I work bc I have to. By the time I get off work, it's about 3 1/2 hours before their bedtime. Im still present all night to attend to their needs, with them in the morning and all weekend. With the exception of one hour, I'm working the same hours they are in school. It's called reality.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yeah..there are 24 hours in a day, you think 3 measly hours a day spent with kids is exceptable? Yeah, I have no problem in STFU, it's not my kids!

Enjoy that!

Quoting Josie_P:

Oh stfu.

Quoting Anonymous:

That's kinda sad :( why have kids if you only spend such little time?

Maybe this is an eye opener. Three hours really is not enough. Are you a workohaulic?

Quoting AmyParent:

If this is true?!? Wtf.

Yes it probably is but. My mom has taken my kids to the doctor when I haven't been able to... Maybe once or twice but still she has.

No I don't like it but reality sucks sometimes

Quoting a5hl3yC:

If this is true, don't you think not taking the time to attend doctors appointments is a bit much though?

Quoting AmyParent:

Wow. I get three hours a day with my kids too. Doesn't mean I love them less. I hate being away from them that much. But I have to do what I do to provide for them....

Guess my kids shouldn't talk about me when they are with grandma...

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KairisMama
by Emerald Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:08 PM

I am not certified to teach college courses. That's a different degree and certification. I am a SPED teacher for grades 3-5.

Quoting a5hl3yC:

Do you teach younger children? Have you ever considered taking on night classes? Or teaching at a college? I've heard college teachers make more money but I'm not sure on how true it is. I've only seen the numbers for my local highschool and the highest earning teacher was around 45k with the principle at 120k.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)