Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

why do people do this STUPID thing? I bet most of you are guilty of this??

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 195 Replies
1 mom liked this
Why do people buy things on credit?? I don't get it. You are not middle or upper class if you're up to your eyeballs in debt. Neither of us even knows what our credit score is. The only reason our credit is ever ran is if it's for a utility or something that requires good credit.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mamasgirl524
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:55 PM
2 moms liked this
Glad I can't get approved for cc's!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
TrouserMouse
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:57 PM
15 moms liked this

So, you have never had a home or car loan?  You just paid for them all outright? Or do you not own a home?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:57 PM
2 moms liked this

I use a credit card and pay it off monthly, since DH's paychecks fall on weird days. 

But i get what you are saying, don't depend and live off credit cards if you can't pay 'em off!

erinsmom1964
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:58 PM
7 moms liked this

Well regardless of your misinformation about credit it is imperative to know your score and keep on top of that information in case of fraud and identity theft.  

brittany208
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:59 PM

I love my credit card, but I pay it off in full WEEKLY. There were only a couple months in the years that I've had it that I paid interest. the rest of the time, I get cash back :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:59 PM
I've never had a credit card.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:59 PM

Quoting TrouserMouse:

So, you have never had a home or car loan?  You just paid for them all outright? Or do you not own a home?

My DH and I own a home and 2 cars. Neither of us have any credit, at all. It can happen. Js........

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:00 PM
So you don't own a home?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:00 PM
1 mom liked this
We have never had a loan of any sort. We own our home and vehicles outright.

Quoting TrouserMouse:

briansmommy2010
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:00 PM

We don't buy anything on credit (I made some mistakes when I was younger and ruined my credit because of it). However, it can be good for building credit (which you will need to buy a home) if you are responsible and just use small amounts and pay it off every month.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)