Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Im curious I would love to see your opinions.

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:02 PM
  • 76 Replies
I feel that it's so unfair toward women that we have to risk or health with all those kind of birth control medications and men can just sit back and enjoy it. I haven't met many man who would go through a vasectomy to save his wife health. What is your options about this? Do you know of a method that risk free for woman like vasectomy for man?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Not_A_Native
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:18 PM

Sure a tubal.  I had one.  I was fine the next day, just two stitches in my belly button.

me-n-mygirls
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:20 PM
1 mom liked this
they need birth control for men.
other than a condom
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Pedro
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:21 PM
1 mom liked this
There's risks with vasectomy too, but its not as bad as bc is with women. My husband has already offered to get snipped when we are done.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
me-n-mygirls
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:21 PM
my husband would but I dont want him too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Momyplease
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:34 PM
I think if I look at the side effects of birthcontrol pills I feel men should put some effort in it and take their own risk like women do. why the women have to be neutralized? I think its the men turn to stick their nack out for a change. and I have a huge respect for those man who do and value the health of their wifes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommamaggi
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:36 PM
1 mom liked this
lovemyhoney19
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:40 PM
1 mom liked this
My Dh is having a vasectomy. We are done having kids. I don't do well on BC. I tore so badly with my oldest, from vagina to anus tmi i know lol. i read a blog where a woman called it a "vasshole" get it? that was me lol!!! and my baby is 9 weeks old and she was born via csection. He can take one for the team lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
spicy_n_sweet
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:42 PM
1 mom liked this

My SO chose to have a vasectomy in order to help save my life.  We learned when I was pregnant with our only child that I could not risk another pregnancy.  Within months after our son was born he had a vasectomy. He did it for me. He did it because it was safer, it was cheaper, and it was better than me having to depend on BC for 30 more years of my life (possibly) and risk pregnancy.

dorfmama
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:44 PM
1 mom liked this
My husband had a vasectomy. My ob/gyn told me that there are women every year that die having a tubal, but men don't die having a vasectomy. Add to that that I had an ectopic pregnancy with a ruptured tube, and there was never a question as to which one of us would have it done. Don't get me wrong, he was a nervous wreck, but we are both glad he did it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Momyplease
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:46 PM
No sit? Im so checking it out. my husband told me he can't do vasectomy because its against his religion. let's just see this . thanks so much.

Quoting mommamaggi:

Birth Control For Men That Doesn't Require Surgery | KUTV.com

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)