Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My bullying confession..

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 14 Replies

I was bullied badly in middle school. I was and am a shy, bookish person who was awkward. I had a very small circle of friends who I was very close to but other than that didn't talk to people much. For some reason, and I can't for the life of me inagine why or what could have provoked it, I caught the attention of a clique of rich, popular girls.

They started out by taunting me in the cafeteria, asking me why my clothes were always dirty (they weren't dirty, they were old and faded because we didn't have a ton of money for clothes, but not dirty) and asking if I was a witch or something because I never talked to anyone (yeah, i dont know where they got witch from that but...) It got to the point where every time I would see one of them in my classes or in the hall they would say something or laugh at me. If I ever answered a question or spoke  up in class they would nutter something under their breath and half the classroom would start laughing. 

Eventually it started getting physical. At one point my backpack broke and, unable to afford to replace it immediately, I had to carry around my books for a while. During that time any time I passed one of the girls from the clique they would "accidentally" bump into me or push my books out of my hands. I was shoved often in the halls. By this time it was more than just the clique bullying me too, their influence apparently got other people involved to where I was a joke to the whole school. There were people making jokes about me who I didn't even know. The boys were frightening, they were more likely to make sexual comments or threats but the girls were worse, they were the only ones who ever touched me physically.

FInally my mom and stepdad for involved and they did what they could with the principal and guidance councelors but ultimately it just made it worse because the bullies would get in trouble which was seen by them as my fault for "not taking a joke"

It was hell. I wanted to kill myself. The only thing that put a stop to it was changing schools.

There isn't really a point to this post. I just wanted to get the story out there because the only people who know about it are the people who bullied me, my mom and ex stepdad, and my then best friend who was also bullied by the same group of girls. I don't bring it up because I'd rather not think about it but it deinitely changed me. It made me even more shy, and untrusting of people. 

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:23 PM

bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:24 PM

bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:25 PM

bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:30 PM

aaaaand no one cares. Hah. ok.

MeeshMom
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:30 PM
1 mom liked this

That's horrible. I was hoping you were gonna say you kicked someone's ass in the end. But really I was bullied also. It sucked. I wish that schools actually did more to prevent it. 

km1970
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:31 PM

I am sorry this happened to you:(

rockin2_manyMOM
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:31 PM
Im sorey that happened to you. I was bullied too. Very similar to you, in fact. Except I never told my parents.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:35 PM
1 mom liked this
This little girl twisted my daughters arm on the bus. What did my daughter do? Punched her in the face. Should of defended yourself.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:36 PM
1 mom liked this

Sorry. That's just not me. 

Quoting Anonymous:

This little girl twisted my daughters arm on the bus. What did my daughter do? Punched her in the face. Should of defended yourself.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:37 PM

I was bullied from grade 4 to grade 8. I even changed schools but it was the same. I was skinny, my hair wasn't styled like the other girls, I was non white in an all white school etc etc the bullies always made jokes about my heritage, food we ate at home etc. I know how you feel. I never wanted to go to school, I always dreaded it. My neck would get stiff from worrying...and I was happiest after school...but come bedtime I'd worry all over again. High school was FANTASTIC. I went on to university and I had a wonderful time. It didn't define my life, it became a small part of the past.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)