Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

YOUR MOM. GUESS, S/O

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 14 Replies
The other post about your own mom got me thinking...
my mom had seven kids. I am the only child she doesn't have a relationship with. She doesn't call me just to talk like she does my siblings.

On the day of My baby shower for my son that my MIL put together... she didn't come. Instead she threw a BBQ at her house. She lived 2 minutes from where it was held. The BBQ was put together the night BEFORE. Baby shower was planned over a month in advance.

When I was growing up she flat out hated me. She never tried to hide it unless my dad was around. She constantly belittled me about my weight. I was never fat, in fact I was severly underweight and listening to her comments I developed an eating disorder.

The saddest part is I truly don't understand why she has always hated me. I wasn't a bad kid, never talked back. Didn't sneak out, drink or do drugs. I always cleaned the entire house and did dishes without being asked.
As an adult I am the only one of my siblings that has it all together.
I NEEDED TO GET T
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:16 PM
I NEEDED TO GET THIS OUT. IT FEELS GREAT. THE POST CUT ME OFF SO I HAD TO FINISH IN REPLIES.
THANK YOU FOR READING.
velvetkitty
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:17 PM
It is possible for mothers to be jealous or resent their children. It's not fair, but it happens.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:21 PM

Some abusive households, one child is typically singled out as the victim. I bore the brunt of the abuse in my childhood home (but, to be fair, I was a little shithead). It reverted to my sister when I fled at 18.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:22 PM

Before I knew I was pregnant with DD, I broke down one day to DH.  I told him I didn't ever want to be a mom becaue I was SO scared that I didn't know what a good mom was.  i didn't have a good mom growing up.  I was raised by my dad (my parents divorced when I was 2 & my mom gave me to my dad).  Even though my mom & I have a decent relationship now, I don't really know what being a "good mom" means.  i don't know what a traditional father & mother should do.  I only had my dad.  I think [know] I overcompensate now with DD.  I am still scared that on some level I will fail her as a mother.  I guess I'm telling you all of that just to say...I get it & i'm sorry you have to live it too!

all2gethernow
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:24 PM
Same here. My mom is horrid. The stories could go on forever. Very sad. I think she's clinically ill. Have nothing to do with her.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:52 PM
I have a DD also and I attempt to do everything different than my own mother. I look at my beautiful baby girl and want to cry. I couldn't belittle her, hate her or any of that.
I hate my mother.

Quoting Anonymous:

Before I knew I was pregnant with DD, I broke down one day to DH.  I told him I didn't ever want to be a mom becaue I was SO scared that I didn't know what a good mom was.  i didn't have a good mom growing up.  I was raised by my dad (my parents divorced when I was 2 & my mom gave me to my dad).  Even though my mom & I have a decent relationship now, I don't really know what being a "good mom" means.  i don't know what a traditional father & mother should do.  I only had my dad.  I think [know] I overcompensate now with DD.  I am still scared that on some level I will fail her as a mother.  I guess I'm telling you all of that just to say...I get it & i'm sorry you have to live it too!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:53 PM
Which is heartbreaking.

Quoting velvetkitty:

It is possible for mothers to be jealous or resent their children. It's not fair, but it happens.

brebugmom91
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:54 PM
Wow. I'm so very sorry. That has to be horrible. I love my mom, and we are really close so I couldn't imagine
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:55 PM
I'm sorry. I'm sure it was difficult to leave for the worry of your sister.

Quoting Anonymous:

Some abusive households, one child is typically singled out as the victim. I bore the brunt of the abuse in my childhood home (but, to be fair, I was a little shithead). It reverted to my sister when I fled at 18.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:02 PM
I'm sorry.
I don't have anything to do with my mom now either. I moved out as soon as I was able.

Quoting all2gethernow:

Same here. My mom is horrid. The stories could go on forever. Very sad. I think she's clinically ill. Have nothing to do with her.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)