Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My dd helped me get clean (my story, God is mentioned)

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 25 Replies
2 moms liked this
Almost three years ago I was living in a crack house. My baby sister came and found me, she told me my youngest daughter was pregnant and I needed to shape up and help her. I didn't. I promised my dd I would go to prenatal appointments, throw her a shower, all the stuff a mom is supposed to do when her baby girl is pregnant. But I didn't. I wanted to, but the drugs were still more important to me. When my dd was in labor, my sister came to me once again, she said my dd was at the hospital all alone and that I needed to go support her. I honestly meant to go. I told my sister I'd meet her there. I don't know what I ended up doing, but I didn't go. It wasn't until I was three months that I met my grandbaby. Before I lefy, my dd asked me to pray with her. I did. She asked God to watch over me and to keep me safe. I admit, when I left I went straight to cop. That was August 2011. That was the last time I used. The next day I called my dd and told her I was ready for rehab. She told me she wouldn't drive into my neighborhood, but if I could meet her at McDonald's she would take me. I told her I didn't have any shoes. I don't know what happened to them, maybe I sold them, maybe someone stole them.
She told me to wrap them in grocery bags, put on double socks, anything, just meet her. And I did. She took me to detox that day. From there I went to rehab. She was my only support. I went into a transitional house for 90 days and then I moved in with my dd.

I watch her take care of my grandbaby and I am so proud of her. She works, cooks, keeps a beautiful house. She takes care of me and makes sure I make at least two meetings a month. I am so proud that she's grown into such a wonderful young lady, especially with me as her mom. I thank God for giving me a second chance. For letting me be a part of my grandbabys life and to let me help my dd.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:28 PM
Bump
all2gethernow
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:30 PM
Good for you!!! She must be an amazing blessing to you. Don't let her down again!!!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jnw2992
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:31 PM

god job momma :) stay strong!

ttriddick
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:33 PM
That is awesome. I'm so happy for you and your daughter and your grandchild.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
cbk_mom3
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:34 PM

What a beautiful testimony! Thank you so much for sharing that, I'm sure it wasn't easy. Your story just goes to prove that no matter how much we give up on ourselves, and sometimes on God He NEVER EVER gives up on us! So glad you are doing so well. You will be in my prayers that you are able to continue your recovery. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:34 PM
I pray every night that I don't.

Quoting all2gethernow:

Good for you!!! She must be an amazing blessing to you. Don't let her down again!!!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:36 PM
Thank you. I may have turned my back on Him, but he never turned His on me.

Quoting cbk_mom3:

What a beautiful testimony! Thank you so much for sharing that, I'm sure it wasn't easy. Your story just goes to prove that no matter how much we give up on ourselves, and sometimes on God He NEVER EVER gives up on us! So glad you are doing so well. You will be in my prayers that you are able to continue your recovery. 

Kellyjude1
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:36 PM
God is simply amazing! So glad you turned your life around. What a blessing!
lisairv
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:37 PM

I wish my ex thought more of his children to do what you did. Congratulations and please stay clean for your child.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:40 PM
Waste of space on this earth......

Smh
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)