Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

did our taxes and it does not seem right

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Please dont bash thats not why im posting this. Dh only made 15500 last year. we are getting back 12800! We are going to put it to good use but I just dont think its right. we get fs and medical I dont feel like we need this too. this is why our country is soooooo in debt! 

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:22 PM
Replies (191-200):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:28 PM

That isn't right...There's no way you can get back that much. Your income was too low for max EIC, and with tax credits and full refund of what you payed you would be getting back around $7K. cute lie though, trying to get the masses pissed.

J37
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:30 PM
1 mom liked this

...Yea, That and the spending habits of Barack Obama!...Better teach your granchildren to speak Chinese

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:30 PM

Quoting zianneaaliyah:

What total?

Quoting Anonymous:

i dont know what amount to use for the medical. with out it the tottle is 32,000.

Quoting zianneaaliyah:

I think she's making a grossly inflated estimate of her benefits. 

Quoting Anonymous:

They are not living off of 15,500 a year. She said between that and welfare it comes to about 50,000 a year and I doubt that's figuring in medicade or this 12 grand in income tax.

Quoting zianneaaliyah:

I couldn't imagine having to live off of 15,500 a year.  An extra 12,000 still wouldn't be enough.

Her husband earned $15500 and they are receiving a $12,800 tax bonus so their cash income for 2012 was $28,300.  They also received medical.  Private medical insurance for a family of 4 is easily $1000 so lets add an additional 12k to the total. Their income is now $40,300. I don't know how much food stamps and welfare would be in their situation but from what I read on CM $808 per month seems to be about right. That would be $50k per year.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:33 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

That isn't right...There's no way you can get back that much. Your income was too low for max EIC, and with tax credits and full refund of what you payed you would be getting back around $7K. cute lie though, trying to get the masses pissed.

I didn't believe her but I check on tax calculator and she was correct.

Meanwhile, my income is $58000 with a tax responsiblity is $13500.  When you consider her welfare, food stamps, and meidcal, I actually have less income and spending power than she does.

TaralynnStewart
by Platinum Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:34 PM
Then the government wonders why the US has trillion(s) dollars in debt and they can't seem to repair it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:37 PM

http://www.ijreview.com/2012/12/24677-welfare-spending-equates-to-168-per-day-for-every-household-in-poverty/

mind blown

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Meanwhile, my income is $58000 with a tax responsiblity is $13500.  When you consider her welfare, food stamps, and meidcal, I actually have less income and spending power than she does.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:39 PM
2 moms liked this

Quoting J37:

...Yea, That and the spending habits of Barack Obama!...Better teach your granchildren to speak Chinese

LOL!  ..but I shouldn't laugh because it's true.  I can't even imagine how well our education system would compare to the rest of the world if half of the EIC tax bonus amounts were given to our public schools instead.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:39 PM

But we are cruel and heartless to be against this sort of thing. We need to take care of our poor and fight any type of welfare reform.

frustrated

Quoting TaralynnStewart:

Then the government wonders why the US has trillion(s) dollars in debt and they can't seem to repair it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:40 PM

Thanks, but I can't read it right now. I already feel sick to my stomach.

Quoting Anonymous:

http://www.ijreview.com/2012/12/24677-welfare-spending-equates-to-168-per-day-for-every-household-in-poverty/

mind blown

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

lilbit53009
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:41 PM

my thoughts exactly

those who work and try hard to make more money every year to better themselves pay more and more taxes and get less and less back

while those who don't make less and get aid pay way less taxes and get back almost their whole salary in taxes?

doesn't make sense to me

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm really going about this working hard and supporting my family  business all  wrong.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)