Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

custody..

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 37 Replies
My fiance and I have his son full time. His mother is rarely in the picture, I mean she has him once every 3 weeks or so and even then she makes poor choices with him. it was supposed to be a one week on one week off deal when he was born but 4 hours into "her week" (the first one)she wanted him gone, she couldn't handle it. About a week ago we served her custody papers so it could be legalized by a court that we have him. She freaked out and just had my fiance served... Has anyone had the same type of situation? What were your outcomes? I'm terrified well get a judge who believes a child should be with their mother and he'll get taken..
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:50 PM
Bump
BeKind2All
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:51 PM

Wow, I don't know. Good luck!

myideasaretaken
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:53 PM

I think it'll depend on what the mother wants to do.  If she turns him over or gives up her rights then they don't have much of a choice!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:55 PM
Thank you. I hope this all gets resolved soon and he gets to stay with us. She doesn't even have a room for him and when she did take him we provided food, diapers, clothing, medicine... Everything. Just very scary to think of her getting awarded custody.. she's too selfish.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:01 PM
Bump
Ms.Pteranodon
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:02 PM
How old is the kid?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AllofFive19
by Emerald Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:03 PM
1 mom liked this

Have all of your ducks in a row. Have all of the documentation where she didn't take her time. Keep emotions out of it, the judges want to hear facts not emotions.

eviesmom453
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:03 PM

Unless she's a shit Mom, she probably will get custody. I hope everything works out in the childs best interest. How old is your ss?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:04 PM
He turns two in July.

Quoting Ms.Pteranodon:

How old is the kid?

beingme75
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:05 PM

sorry..my ex and i had the same thing then had it changed..its still shared custody and placement but i have them every other weekend  we didnt go through the courts for that...we just agreed

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)