Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Trusting your child with a child molester

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

My grandfather molested my mother for many years of her childhood. He went to prison and did his court ordered therapy. The family believes he has changed, My aunts and uncles even let my cousins stay at my grandparents when they were little. And now that I have children of my own I cringe at the thought of him holding them let alone letting my helpless children stay for overnights. Do you believe child molesters can change? Would you ever trust one?

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:55 PM
Replies (131-139):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 24 on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:10 PM
I was molested by my own brother, as were our younger brother and nephew and at least one other boy. He did his time and therapy. I honestly don't think he would ever do it again. I still wouldn't leave my son alone with him.
TexanMomOf6
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:11 PM

Hell no. I would not take the chance. I could have kept my child away but I ALLOWED him to molest my child. What kind of Mom would I be? I am supposed to PROTECT my child. How could I look my LO in the eye and say sorry, I knew he was a molester but I was willing to gamble your safety because he is your (grandpa, uncle, cousin, dad....)

Tara922c
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:12 PM

They may change, but that doesn't mean I would trust my child with one.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 25 on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:13 PM
When i was 8 my mom married a registered sex offendor, i remember her taking us to visit him when he was in jail before they got married. he raped a girl with down sydrome in a bathroom at dairy queen. i found out when i was 13. ..
i had always been uneasy around him..when he moved in he would always watch me when i took a bath..insist on helping me get dressed.. i hated it, my mom said i was being riduculous. when i found out at 13 i was furious..i moved in whth my dad..he was pissed at my mom.
graybealgirl
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:14 PM

Quoting chickensmommy:

Never. Never ever. Once a predator, always a predator.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Cbreland07
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:17 PM
My uncle molested my mother growing up and they all swept it under the rug saying it ws a one time thing.. I was left with him and molest over the course of 5 yrs till I finally old enough to stay home.. So no.. I would never leave my kid with a child molester because I don't believe they could ever be trusted again
LadyBug1990
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:18 PM
Nope. Not worth the risk.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 26 on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:19 PM

No, they don't change. Psychologists and Psychiatrists have done a lot if studies, research  and the evidence is there. They are always going to molest of given the opportunity.I have no idea why they even let them out of jail. He needs to be restricted .Keep your kids away from him.

hnischke
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:19 PM
Never. My grandfather molested me for years. I don't care how much therapy/rehab the person has been through. Once you're an offender always an offender.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN