Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Trusting your child with a child molester

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

My grandfather molested my mother for many years of her childhood. He went to prison and did his court ordered therapy. The family believes he has changed, My aunts and uncles even let my cousins stay at my grandparents when they were little. And now that I have children of my own I cringe at the thought of him holding them let alone letting my helpless children stay for overnights. Do you believe child molesters can change? Would you ever trust one?

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:55 PM
Replies (21-30):
LucyHourglass
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:02 PM

FUCK NO

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:03 PM

NO.

January1964
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:03 PM

Go with your gut. Keep him away from your kids.

shackelford8610
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:04 PM

FUCK TO THE NO I wouldnt trust them no matter what!!!

Kmary
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:04 PM

Nope.  Wouldn't happen.  I'm not saying I'd never allow my kids to see him.  But they would never be alone with him for even one second.  My personal feeling is that the recidivism rate for child molesters is much too high.  I'm not saying that people can't change or don't want to, but I just think it's probably incredibly difficult to do so, and I"m not interested in using my own kid as the guinea pig to see if he's reformed or not. 

Leaving kids there with him overnight sort of seems like pouring a huge drink for a recovering alcoholic, handing it to them and then leaving them alone.  Could they resist?  Maybe.  But why chance it and why even put them in that position?

zebbyzebby06
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:04 PM
even predators say that...ones that actually admit and can be truthfull about things.

Quoting chickensmommy:

Never. Never ever. Once a predator, always a predator.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
aidyns_mommy
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:04 PM
Hell fucking NO
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
the4mutts
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:04 PM
Hell. No.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:07 PM
No, and even psychology says child molesters should never be left unsupervised or alone with children. Just like alcoholics aren't supposed to be around alcohol. It's too temping and brings up thoughts to the surface.
Shelhead
by Michelle on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:07 PM

Quoting ttriddick:

Nope. Sorry. Just couldn't. And it was his own daughter on top of that? No frickin way.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)