Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Trusting your child with a child molester

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

My grandfather molested my mother for many years of her childhood. He went to prison and did his court ordered therapy. The family believes he has changed, My aunts and uncles even let my cousins stay at my grandparents when they were little. And now that I have children of my own I cringe at the thought of him holding them let alone letting my helpless children stay for overnights. Do you believe child molesters can change? Would you ever trust one?

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:55 PM
Replies (41-50):
WithHope
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:11 PM
i suppose, though not likely, its possible they can change. Doesn't mean I'm leaving my sweet baby around to tempt them though. It'd be like handing an alcoholic a bottle of liquor, but with worse consequences.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ilana_ny
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:11 PM

!!!NO!!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:12 PM
It's called denial. It sucks, we have one in the family, everyone gushes about what a great father he is, the system failed, blah blah blahhhh....

Quoting MeeshMom:

No and never never never. Why does your family still accept this man? They all must be sick.
iwanabemomie
by Chunk on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:12 PM
Hell no!

He'd be lucky to even be in my dd presence.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
xXVICKYXx
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:12 PM

no pedophiles cant change its their sexual orientation. you can not change who you are at your core. keep your babies FAR FAR away from that man

Bigmetalchicken
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:13 PM

I do not think they change. You can't change defect of the brain like that. At least not yet. The only cured molestor is a dead molestor.

Fushithedruid
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:14 PM

my great uncle, ugh, he's done so much harm to my family and my grandma spends dinner with him every so often. bygones be bygones, well he's one bygone i rather stay gone. my grandpa is really leery around him, posed to do what he has to to protect my grandma. my dad, only let him see the kids when I'm around or if my mom and brother are there. no way am i letting him alone with them. he swears up and down he won't relapse but i'm going with my gut, i am not trusting him ever again.

meka26
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:14 PM

I would never trust a child molester.

angelachristine
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:15 PM

no and no. I would never ever trust one. Honestly i wouldn't want to be around one let alone my kids. 

It's Cassandra Cat! 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:15 PM
Never, just like I can't change that I like men. You are sexually attracted to what your are sexually attracted too. If you get what I mean. I don't think a person can be rehabilitated or change no matter what.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)