• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

She calls him babe

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 24 Replies
1 mom liked this
my dd2 calls dh (he is her bio dad) "babe". thats what i always call him so shes started doing it too. its so cute, when were on the phone she says "mom i need to talk to babe". people think its weird to hear her call him that. i think its cute.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Lyssa0587
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:58 PM

LOLOL..thats too cute!

brittanyjenean
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:59 PM
When I was little, I called my daddy "hunny". Kids pick up what they hear. Lol. But super cute!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MrsWhite101610
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:00 PM
It will sound weird when she's older. Dd started calling dh by his name...I started calling him daddy and she now does. The only issue is sometimes I refer to him as "daddy" still...I even did infront of my father (then explained)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cbk_mom3
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:02 PM

Funny what kids come up with. My granddaughters call my mom (their great-grandma) "b." Has nothing to do with her name, just what they came up with. She doesn't mind, and it's always easy for them to remember. So, I guess she'll always be "b", LOL.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:03 PM
im sure when shes older shell quit on her own. i also call him daddy sometimes and she does also. he calls me mama also, we do it front of family and have never had to explain. i dont call my parents mommy and daddy, they are simply mom and dad.

Quoting MrsWhite101610:

It will sound weird when she's older. Dd started calling dh by his name...I started calling him daddy and she now does. The only issue is sometimes I refer to him as "daddy" still...I even did infront of my father (then explained)

naj2013
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:05 PM

My almost 3 year old does the same thing but it doesn't stick, she goes back to daddy.

whoopsie16
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:05 PM
lol too cute!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsWhite101610
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:07 PM
It is cute that she calls him babe and she probably will out grow it. I explained because my dad had a weird look on his face. Dd has also called dh "Mr. Kenney" once (that's what my mom calls dh)

Quoting Anonymous:

im sure when shes older shell quit on her own. i also call him daddy sometimes and she does also. he calls me mama also, we do it front of family and have never had to explain. i dont call my parents mommy and daddy, they are simply mom and dad.

Quoting MrsWhite101610:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CanInTex
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:08 PM
My DS (4) started calling his dad "Coach" lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lovemyhoney19
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:11 PM
So cute! I love kids cute comments. My dd calls her dad "daddy boy" he smiles every time, it never gets old for him. Sometimes she says to me "I love you cutie favorite momma" lol!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)