Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why get offended over a word?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 48 Replies
1 mom liked this
Why must people get offended over the word "retard"? Do you feel that word applies to someone you know? It's just a word. That's just like women getting offended when a man says the word bitch or hoe. You shouldn't get offended unless you feel the word applies to you.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TattoodMommy19
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:59 PM
*gets popcorn*
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lifeisajoy
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:59 PM
1 mom liked this

It is not appropriate--even before I had my child who has disabilities I never liked that word-

by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:00 PM
3 moms liked this

Ni**er is just a word too.  I am highly offended by it.  I just made a post with the "r" word in it and someone asked me to edit and take it out, I did.  If I am offending someone it is just a matter of manners to remove and move on. 

areles
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:00 PM
it's just coarse, i dunno. i also hate the word 'pussy', and the phrase 'take a shit'. it's not a matter of offense; they just make my skin crawl.

but, good job trolling. this will be a popular thread, briefly.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
beingme75
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:01 PM

gotcha....i happen to say the word all the time.. theres a difference between being a retard and r retarded...like being gay or are gay...its OK if u ARE retarded or gay but NOT OK to BE retarded or gay

kandie63
I have no idea why when people are using it in its medical usage. Mhmr. But if someone is using it to describe someone who is an ass, I see hoe its offensive
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:01 PM
It hurts some poeoples feelings. Maybe they're sensitive to the world around them and don't like the pain it can cause.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:01 PM

I say the word all the time. 

brittany208
1 mom liked this

Bc the person saying it could have chosen any word in the world they wanted, but they chose to use one that was hurtful and showed that they view whatever people group in a negative way. I think it says a lot more about the person using it than the person he/she is talking about though.

banana-bear
3 moms liked this
Because you are making fun of people who cannot help the way they are. A hoe and a bitch can stop acting that way....they control their behavior.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)