Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you be offended?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 20 Replies
I was a server for 7 years and if i was slow enough to stop and talk i would always try to interact with the kids. Sometimes tho, they would want to show me their new spiderman toy or want me to color with them and if it was ok with mom and dad i would. One time this table came in and they had 2yo triplets! lol they were my only table so with permission i took them down and played with them in a closed section of the restaurant. They were SO thankful and left me a $40 tip! lol. So would you allow your server to color or entertain your kids or do you rather they not talk to them?
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
stephiebugg
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:11 PM

I dont know if I would let you take them to another part of the restaurant, but you could talk and interact with them. No offense, but if I wanted a sitter, I would've gotten one.  :)

CuriousArentYa
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:11 PM

I usually prefer for our server to leave us alone unless we need something. 

PhoenixsMommy10
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:11 PM
My husband tips extra for people who take time to interact with our child.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MeeshMom
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:12 PM
I wouldn't mind as long as my child was in my view. I wouldn't allow a stranger to take my kid out of my sight.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
periwinkle163
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:13 PM

I prefer the server to acknowledge the children but not play with them.

MrsRinehart2010
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:14 PM

I dnt mind them talking to them but I would never let any one I dnt know very very very well take my child off any where at all

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:14 PM
They could see or hear them at all times. :) It was a closed section but it wasn't too far from where they were sitting.

Quoting MeeshMom:

I wouldn't mind as long as my child was in my view. I wouldn't allow a stranger to take my kid out of my sight.
Snapdragon88
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:14 PM

No. My son sits nicely in a restaraunt so he doesn't bother us or anyone else.

It's nice that you did that though. I'm sure they welcomed the space with having triplets! 

brittany208
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:14 PM

I love it when a server talks to/interacts with my son. I wouldn't let them take my son elsewhere though, just bc you never know these days.

momtolittleg
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:17 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes!  You play with my kid, I will give you a giant tip!  At carabbas once our DD was being a hellion, and Super Waiter #99 took pity on us and was our savior. He brought her pizza dough to play with, chatted, let her make her own dessert pizza and let her walk it to the kitchen to watch it go in the oven. He got a 50% tip.  Just last week we had a similar situation at Applebee's, and the waitress was like, the kid whisperer. She had several tactics and was just great. She also got a 50% tip (she told us she had 3 kids, so I know she appreciated it) and I made a point to do the little survey and give her massive points. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)