Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

No poo...day 1...my head is freakin slick!

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:16 PM
  • 37 Replies

I heard that hair becomes greasy but damn, this started right away. I look like I havent showered in days. Good news is my head doesnt itch anymore and its staying perfectly straight after I straightened it. I think from now on I will put my hair up in a bun until this process is over. I only tried this bc of my scalp issues and its 75% better already! Any advice on things I can add to make the solution smell nice?

by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
babiegurl47
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 6:17 AM

Day 2...much better. My hair is so soft. I never thought this would actually work but it does!

littlemonaghan
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 6:20 AM
I'm interested, care to explain what your doing?

I never took the plunge because I worked and refused to go out with greasy hair. But I stay home now so I could probably do it now. I think I'd miss the shampoo smell though
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
klespeedy0205
by Silver Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 6:22 AM
1 mom liked this
Best of luck to you. I can't go without washing my hair. I absolutely hate the smell of dirty hair. Ewwww....
cjsix
by Platinum Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 6:23 AM

It does get better...my hair is so much softer and my scalp so much better...You can do this! As for the scent you asked about you can buy essential oil in a fragrance you like and mix with water or with the vinegar when you use it and that would probably work. I haven't tried it myself but,my hair smells pretty good anyway.

smurfy88
by Gold Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 6:24 AM
The no poo method doesn't leave you with a dirty hair smell. I tried it for a month but I didn't like it because it made my hair more frizzy and I couldn't get past the greasy stage.

Quoting klespeedy0205:

Best of luck to you. I can't go without washing my hair. I absolutely hate the smell of dirty hair. Ewwww....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
babiegurl47
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 6:26 AM

Im just using a scoop of baking soda in my hand mixed with water as shampoo and then 1 tbs apple cider vinegar in 1 and a half cup water as a conditioner. Im not liking the vinegar smell but it seriously is helping my head. Once your hair dries, the smell is out. I just like my hair to have a scent, which is why I need something to mix in.

Quoting littlemonaghan:

I'm interested, care to explain what your doing?

I never took the plunge because I worked and refused to go out with greasy hair. But I stay home now so I could probably do it now. I think I'd miss the shampoo smell though

klespeedy0205
by Silver Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 6:27 AM
I have oily skin and hair. I'm sure I would look horrible. I just can't imagine it not smelling though. Maybe its cause I like the shampoo smell. Idk.

Quoting smurfy88:

The no poo method doesn't leave you with a dirty hair smell. I tried it for a month but I didn't like it because it made my hair more frizzy and I couldn't get past the greasy stage.

Quoting klespeedy0205:

babiegurl47
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 6:27 AM
1 mom liked this

I am washing it. Just not with shampoo. I was thinking the same way. But now that I see how fast my scalp is healing up, Im sold. My hair is never this soft. I always have split ends and frizz.

Quoting klespeedy0205:

mhwillet
by Bronze Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 6:29 AM

Please what are you doing step by step or a website would be great!!

Thanks!!!

Melissa

babiegurl47
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 6:32 AM

I just googled No poo and lots came up. Im taking a scoop of baking soda and mixing it with water in my hand to make a paste and washing my hair with it. Then I take a solution of 1tbs apple cider vinegar and 1 and a half cup water and rub that around and rinse.No vinegar smell once your hair gets dry!

Quoting mhwillet:

Please what are you doing step by step or a website would be great!!

Thanks!!!

Melissa

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)