Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

$200 for two weeks?

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:18 PM
  • 43 Replies
That just seems a little low :/

Is that the going rate for overnight(day and night) care spanning two weeks? I have no kids in daycare or preschool so I have no idea if I just got ripped off.

ETA- kid is 4, was here for two weeks straight day and night.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mrs.Pedro
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:44 PM
Shameless BUMP!
mich.el.le
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:45 PM

Depends on your area and the age of the child but that doesn't seem too bad to me. You'll both be sleeping for most of the time.

Mrs.Pedro
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:50 PM
It's not just overnight care... He was here for two weeks straight day and night. He's 4 and managed to poop himself 3 times and pee himself once despite his dad saying he's fully potty trained. I know my friends has her son I daycare/preschool twice a week from like 8am to 12pm i think and pays about $400 per month. Which from what I understand is low out here.

Quoting mich.el.le:

Depends on your area and the age of the child but that doesn't seem too bad to me. You'll both be sleeping for most of the time.

mich.el.le
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:51 PM

Quoting Mrs.Pedro:

It's not just overnight care... He was here for two weeks straight day and night. He's 4 and managed to poop himself 3 times and pee himself once despite his dad saying he's fully potty trained. I know my friends has her son I daycare/preschool twice a week from like 8am to 12pm i think and pays about $400 per month. Which from what I understand is low out here.

Quoting mich.el.le:

Ohh, ok. Sorry, I misunderstood. Then that's SUPER low, imo. I would have charged $400-500.

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:52 PM

You can check the going rate in your area at this link

http://www.sittercity.com/babysitters/babysitters-rate-calculator.html

Mrs.Pedro
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:54 PM
Oh no it was my fault. I used overnight when that's typically a term used for just nightly care. I was thinking it was a bit low too. This whole thing happened so fast and that I really did not even have time to say yes or no to even doing it. Partly my DH fault there.

Quoting mich.el.le:

Quoting Mrs.Pedro:

Quoting mich.el.le:

Ohh, ok. Sorry, I misunderstood. Then that's SUPER low, imo. I would have charged $400-500.

KairisMama
by Emerald Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:54 PM

That is EXTREMELY LOW. Did you not discuss price beforehand?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:54 PM
4 moms liked this
Why would someone leave their child with you for 2 straight weeks like that?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:56 PM
Yeah you got ripped off big time. If anything, I would have charged 200$ per day.
Mrs.Pedro
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:57 PM
For hourly care for 12 days according to this would be over $2,000. I'm assuming it would be lower for a weekly rate, but I really don't know.

Quoting Sassy762:

You can check the going rate in your area at this link

http://www.sittercity.com/babysitters/babysitters-rate-calculator.html

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)