Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

And then there's MY mom...s/o

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 18 Replies
I never post anon, but for this one I'm going to just in case she ever decides she's a mom and gets on cm.

Long story short, my mother is an idiot. Had me at 17, married my dad (who isn't much better) at 18 because they had me. Their marriage lasted 11 years, and also produced a son, my awesome brother.

Anyway, they both made a lot of mistakes. Cheating, swinging, drugs (my dad), and general disrespect for each other and my brother. When my folks divorced, she decided it would be a great idea to move 1500 miles away to California with her boyfriend. Just up and left my brother and I. I moved there briefly, hated it, and moved back home and lived with my maternal grandparents until I was 19.

About 6 years ago, she and her husband (she married him, ugh) moved to where I live and built the first the first home they ever owned.

Two years later, he died. She lost her house in a year. She is currently living in my old bedroom at my grandparents house (karma is a huge bitch, I've told her that) and she's miserable.

She began seeing a complete idiot/asshole/cheat/waste of skin guy. She caught him (literally) in bed with another woman, they stayed friends. I hate this guy. Seriously, I'm 35 years old and can see through his bullshit. How can she be 52 and not?!

Believe it or not, that's a short version. She was supposed to be at my house to stay with my girls so I could go to the store this evening. It's now 8:18 and she's still not here. She's at his apartment getting laid. When the hell will I EVER matter to this woman?!

Does anyone else have a horrible influence of a mother like I do?

Sorry I'd there's typos, I'm on my phone and upset.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:02 PM
Bump
MarriedYoung
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:06 PM

You trust her enough to watch your kids?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:20 PM
Not anymore. The only reason she ever has my kids is because she lives with my grandparents. They basically raised me, and I know they love my girls and I to pieces. My entire family is up in arms about what he's pulling. I've been texting with my brother all evening too, he's pissed.

Quoting MarriedYoung:

You trust her enough to watch your kids?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:26 PM

No, that sucks. My mother is horrible, but in the opposite way. She's clingy, judgemental and bat shit crazy. She expected me to live with her forever in some twisted Big and Little Edie Gray Gardens fantasy :/

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:29 PM

If you have so very little respect for her why continue speaking to her or have a relationship with her at all. At the end of the day your just tearing her down further and she probably doesn't need her brat of a child ripping her apart. She's 52 her choices are her choices. It sucks but you're not a kid anymore get over it. 

BamaMommy2
by Angel.N.Disguise on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:30 PM

Oh boy.....you have no idea how bad my mother is. 

I know exactly how you feel. Sorry! *hugs*

KarriePlus1
by Karen on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:32 PM

My mother is/was horrible. She wasn't at first, at least I don't think she was. But after my father got arrested, (I was 6) she sorta just gave up. She left my brother and I home alone to fend for ourselves more often then not. She went out to do drugs, get drunk, and prostitute. The majority of the time when she was actually home, she was passed out. My older brother was more of a parent to me than she was-hell, than either of my parents were. My mother is in prison now, and I told her that I'm not even going to consider her a grandmother until I see her change. It does seem as if she is trying, though.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:34 PM
2 moms liked this
Hey guess what?

Fuck you. That's what.

Quoting Anonymous:

If you have so very little respect for her why continue speaking to her or have a relationship with her at all. At the end of the day your just tearing her down further and she probably doesn't need her brat of a child ripping her apart. She's 52 her choices are her choices. It sucks but you're not a kid anymore get over it. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:36 PM
I made this post to vent and see if anyone else has the same problem.
NOT to be bashed by some bitch. There's no reason to bash me, I'm not the fuck up.

Ladies who are relating, thank you for saying something :-)
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:38 PM
I'm so sorry you had to go through that. I do hope she can clean up her act and be a parent to you and a grandparent to the kids.

We never stop needing our mothers. However messed up she is. And that sucks, lol.

Quoting KarriePlus1:

My mother is/was horrible. She wasn't at first, at least I don't think she was. But after my father got arrested, (I was 6) she sorta just gave up. She left my brother and I home alone to fend for ourselves more often then not. She went out to do drugs, get drunk, and prostitute. The majority of the time when she was actually home, she was passed out. My older brother was more of a parent to me than she was-hell, than either of my parents were. My mother is in prison now, and I told her that I'm not even going to consider her a grandmother until I see her change. It does seem as if she is trying, though.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN