Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cheap, Easy & Fun - Indoor activities

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:26 PM
  • 12 Replies

A few weeks ago I asked for ideas to keep my 4 yr old and 2 yr old entertained. Got a lot of great ones, one of which was a sensory box. I'll admit at first my kids were hesitant to play w/ it but when I sat down and started to play with it myself, they shortly joined in and played for 45 minutes! And they only stopped because it was bath time. So here's a picture of my sensory box. Its a Valentine's day theme :)

*Share some pics of your indoor activities :)

Wanted to add some of the other activities we came up w/ in my last post, in case anyone was interested:

• Build a Fort
  • Wii
  • Play Doh
  • Hide & Seek
  • Scavenger Hunt
  • Puzzle
  • Obstacle Course
  • Simon Says
  • I Spy
  • Blocks (build a city)
  • Arts & Crafts
  • Coloring Books
  • Dress Up

by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
thickmamaof2
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:27 PM
So cute
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
usmcwifey11
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:30 PM
One of the things my kids love : take play doh and roll into a ball. Stick thin spaghetti noodles in it. Then have them place cheerios on the noodles.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:33 PM
What's in it and what do you do with it?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:33 PM
Quoting usmcwifey11:

One of the things my kids love : take play doh and roll into a ball. Stick thin spaghetti noodles in it. Then have them place cheerios on the noodles.

That's a pretty cool idea
usmcwifey11
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:36 PM
It helps hand eye coordination and fine motor skills. And its easy to make! A nice way to get rid of stale cheerios or noodles. Lol.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting usmcwifey11:

That's a pretty cool idea
chas1217
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:38 PM

This is an awesome post! I've been trying to think of new things to do with my 3 year old ds :).

ZelisMommy
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:40 PM

In this particular one I put Corn Meal as a substitute for sand. I put twistie macaronis that were died red. 3 rubber duckies that I got in a pack & some Valentines day ribbon I got for $1 each at the dollar section of Target. Some twistie wire and those fuzzy balls that are used for crafts (which cost about $1 each, too) and some red straws (which I had) and popsicle sticks used for crafts, that I had, too. They play w/ it like they would in a sand box. Its supposed to help them used their sense of touch w/ the different textures (the way I understood it). it pretty much just allows them to be kids. I know they have "sensory tables" at pre-schools, but I dont have the room or money for one, so a sensory box is the next best thing :)
Google SENSORY BOX for more ideas..

Quoting Anonymous:

What's in it and what do you do with it?

ZelisMommy
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:45 PM

I just edited my post to add a list of other activities we came up w/. Hope it helps :)
I turned one of my daughter's box in to a FUN BOX and put a flash card w/ an activity listed on it. DD will draw a card and we will play whatever the card says. I try to do this daily & it really helps keep me on schedule :)

Quoting chas1217:

This is an awesome post! I've been trying to think of new things to do with my 3 year old ds :).

chas1217
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:52 PM

Thanks momma! I'm excited to start doing these things with him :)

Quoting ZelisMommy:

I just edited my post to add a list of other activities we came up w/. Hope it helps :)
I turned one of my daughter's box in to a FUN BOX and put a flash card w/ an activity listed on it. DD will draw a card and we will play whatever the card says. I try to do this daily & it really helps keep me on schedule :)

Quoting chas1217:

ZelisMommy
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:54 PM

The best part is she cant read. So if I had a rough day & it says "OBSTACLE COURSE" I can easily say "it says to color quietely" LMAO...

Quoting chas1217:

Thanks momma! I'm excited to start doing these things with him :)

Quoting ZelisMommy:

Quoting chas1217:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)