Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I live 10 miles away from Midland AL

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies

Needless to say only half the kids have gone to school since the hostage situation started. The schools have started lock down drills. My 6 year old explained how they have to shut off all the lights and the teacher locks the door. They have a safe spot in the room where they can not be seen from the windows. They are told that during lock down they are suppose to be quite and not talk so that the bad guys can not hear them.

One of my children's classmates told her about the bus driver getting shot and said he was coming o the school next. 

I am so scared for the child that was taken, and I am in shock. When ever yo hear about these situations you think what if that had been my kid.  This time it was 5 miles that was all that stopped it from being my child.  I want to tell my dd that she does not have to worry that the school is doing everything it can to keep kids safe, but  am just frazzled and scared. First Newtown and now this miles from my house.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mamasgirl524
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:27 PM
I would really love to see a recent article on that. Do you have one? I remember reading about it yesterday when it was developing. Did the boy make it out alive?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jendigme
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:28 PM
Does he still have the child?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:28 PM

No. Not first Newtown. That wasn't the first school shooting.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:28 PM

The most recent I have seen is it is still at a stand off I am waiting for the 9 o'clock news to see if anything has changed.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:29 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

No. Not first Newtown. That wasn't the first school shooting.

I know it was not the first but it is the recent one and things just seem to be out of control since than.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:30 PM

Sadly, even before Newtown my DD(6) does drills in case of an intruder. :( They call it Mr. Keys, but they don't go into detail. They just say that Mr. Keys is in the building and they ahve to hide and be very quiet.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:32 PM

Quoting jendigme:

Does he still have the child?

He did this morning I did not catch the 5 'clock news so I am waiting on the 9 o'clock news hoping that there is a happy ending. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:01 PM

According to the 9 o'clock news that just stared he still has the child.

It is suppose to get down to 34 degrees tonight. I hope that the crazy jerk has a heat source in that bunker.

jendigme
by Bronze Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 7:20 PM
Does he even know the child or did he just pick him at random?

Quoting Anonymous:

It is suppose to get down to 34 degrees tonight. I hope that the crazy jerk has a heat source in that bunker.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 1, 2013 at 7:27 PM

We have not been told that he knew the kid. From what they are telling us it was random. 

Quoting jendigme:

Does he even know the child or did he just pick him at random?

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)