Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I don't know what I'm feeling....

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:34 PM
  • 3 Replies

My 5 year old DD is passing up my almost 7 year old DS in school.  She is in K he is in 1st grade, they are evaluating him for a learning disability, tomorrow .  She can read out of his book and he gets sad and says "I don't want her to be smarter than me"  I'm proud of her and proud of him too, because he has made progress this year, but he is not where he should be,  but It's like I can't be happy for one without hurting the other.  He looks normal and acts normal except for some sensory issues with food and stuff but he just isn't getting it at school. 

by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
aponder
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:51 PM

BUMP!

Myhumblestart
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:03 PM
1 mom liked this
Like he can only handle textures of food?My poor ds is like that too.He'll taste something and like it but can't eat it, because as he chews he'll gag and end up puking :( If don't mind me asking what other issues does he have?Any fine motor skill impairment?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
aponder
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:23 PM

Yes, he is very behind in fine motor skills, all he'll eat are chicken nuggets, cheese pizza,peanut butter sandwhiches and strawberries, apples with no skin,  and spaghetti. I make a healthy version of everything he likes.  He gags on just about every thing and it isn't for attention he was like that as a baby, he also can't stand to sit with other children who eat with their mouths open.  His fine motor skills are way behind and his printng is very bad, He is learning to read finally, but he is just now at a 1st grade level and he should be nearing 2nd grade.  Math is extremely hard for him to grasp, he gets a lot of help from the teachers and aid.  Is your child like this? maybe we can compare notes.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)