Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I've got a question...

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:54 PM
  • 3 Replies
Any mama's suffer with kidney stones? I was told by the ER on Monday that I have a 6.5mm stone in my left kidney. I had to leave work Monday early because I had a kidney stone attack and now my boss isn't sure if I should go back to work tomorrow for 24hr shift( I'm a private duty CNA). She said it's up to me if I go in or not. I need the money but I don't want to have to leave early again. I'm in discomfort but not much pain( Only in pain when I do too much physical activity)What would u do?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
cbk_mom3
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:57 PM

I've never had them, so I don't know for sure. I would think if you are working and have to leave, at least you tried. Here's a bump for you anyway, hope you get some good answers. Take care of yourself.

lexiloo714
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:00 PM
If you feel up to it, why not try? Don't you get paid for the time you were there, even if have to leave early because of the pain? Hope you feel better mama.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
km1970
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:04 PM

You can give it a try. I've had kidney stone attacks 3 times. Two of the times, I went in to the dr. and then within 48 hours I went back in because the stone would not pass. I have had stone manipulation surgery twice. Once it passed on it's own.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)