• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stop

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 16 Replies
I am sooo sooo depressed I can't stand feeling this way.....I've never felt this bad. Omg... I don't want to do anything. I feel hopeless, stuck, scared, anxious. I just want to go to sleep and not wake up.... Like.... I don't want to face the world. I want to hide from everything. Wtf is going on. I can't talk to anyone until next friday.... What am I suppose to do until then?
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:06 PM
Pray. Seek help. Call the suicide hotline. Anything. Just don't give up..
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:06 PM

I put on a happy face and try to fake it. Sorry. I'm having a melt down in our room while my husband deals with the kids.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:07 PM
1-800-273-8255 call this if it gets too bad...
jlbelknap35
by Jessica on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:11 PM
Do what you have to. If it gets to bad head to the nearest hospital, they will help no matter what. Pp also said suicide hotline, and I am not a churchy person but I know a lot of the churches will help in these crises too if it is a good church. Do what you need to to get yourself threw and hang in there.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
elzingah36
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:13 PM
My goodness hon...what's going on?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Melissa_4
by Emerald Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:18 PM

Do you belong to a church?  If so, put in a call to your pastor.  You need to keep busy, keep engaged in life, and keep contact with other people.  

Have you been through a major trauma recently?  Was there a death of someone close to you recently? Is everything okay with your SO/DH?  I felt like this when I kicked my hub out when I learned of his affair.  I lived in 15 minute increments.  I kept telling myself, "If I can just get through the next 15 minutes, I'll worry about the following 15 minutes when I get there." 

Are you having panic attacks at night?  I had them too.  They got so bad that I started having them in the daytime, and even wound up in hospital thinking I was having a heart attack.  Twice!  I couldn't sleep at night, I had to have the tv on at night so that I didn't feel alone (I didn't want to make the mistake of having a child sleep in my bed).  I felt so disconnected from everyone and everything, and very isolated.  The things that helped me was talking.

Is there a MOMs group in your area?  Get active.  Go out and volunteer in a senior's center or shelter.  There has to be some kind of a group in your area that you can get involved with.  

Big thing...have you had a baby in the past year?  It could be severe PPD.  Please talk to someone.  Anyone.  (((((Hugs)))))

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:21 PM
I don't know. I really don't know. Nothing. Everything. I feel so not me and I genuinely don't know what's going on. I have never felt this way and nothing I do is allowing me to control this overwhelming sense of hopelessness and uselessness.

I have been trying and trying to find a counselor. so many turn downs. Insurance issues, scheduling conflicts, no availability.... Next friday is the soonest.

I am a very strong person. I'm always happy and positive. This unrelenting feeling is literally killing me. It's taking everything in me not to breakdown in front of my dd. I have no clue what's wrong.

Quoting elzingah36:

My goodness hon...what's going on?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:25 PM
No church. I'm a single mom. But doing well.

Yes to panic attacks. All the time. I don't feel like doing anything even at work, which I enjoy.

I've applied to two volunteer positions.. haven't heard back yet .I've been looking at craigslist a lot.

My dd is two. I had PPD, but a very mild case. This is similar.... But intensely worse. Much worse.

Quoting Melissa_4:

Do you belong to a church?  If so, put in a call to your pastor.  You need to keep busy, keep engaged in life, and keep contact with other people.  

Have you been through a major trauma recently?  Was there a death of someone close to you recently? Is everything okay with your SO/DH?  I felt like this when I kicked my hub out when I learned of his affair.  I lived in 15 minute increments.  I kept telling myself, "If I can just get through the next 15 minutes, I'll worry about the following 15 minutes when I get there." 

Are you having panic attacks at night?  I had them too.  They got so bad that I started having them in the daytime, and even wound up in hospital thinking I was having a heart attack.  Twice!  I couldn't sleep at night, I had to have the tv on at night so that I didn't feel alone (I didn't want to make the mistake of having a child sleep in my bed).  I felt so disconnected from everyone and everything, and very isolated.  The things that helped me was talking.

Is there a MOMs group in your area?  Get active.  Go out and volunteer in a senior's center or shelter.  There has to be some kind of a group in your area that you can get involved with.  

Big thing...have you had a baby in the past year?  It could be severe PPD.  Please talk to someone.  Anyone.  (((((Hugs)))))

GwenGray
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:27 PM

This exactly. I'm here if you need someone to talk too, even if we don't know each other. I've been there hun, I know how it feels. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Pray. Seek help. Call the suicide hotline. Anything. Just don't give up..

I'm a belly dancing and sword fighting mama of 2. I'm married to my high school sweet heart. I plan on enlisting to the army very soon, and having more kids :)

Saille717
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:27 PM

hammer time!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)