Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My strange addiction...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 34 Replies

I am addicted to... cake frosting. Pillsbury vanilla to be exact. I eat about three tubs a week. Oddly enough, I started trying to lose weight and have been successful, despite still eating cake frosting. Calories in vs. calories out I guess.

No one knows. I hide it. I run out to the grocery store for whatever random item and eat it in the car. I keep it in the center console. Sometimes I bring it into the laundry room... because God knows no one is going in there!

I'm seriously addicted. I crave it whenever I'm stressed... and that's pretty often. What's worse is I hate the way I feel after I binge on it. I'm so irritable from the sugar overload and the red 40 dye.

I'm not super overweight or anything. Maybe 20lbs away from my pre-baby weight (after baby # 3).

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:20 PM

bump

JadsW
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:22 PM
Aren't you scared of diabetes?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:23 PM

This can't be good. You could end up with diabetes. If you looked up the sugar intake for a woman, you'd see you're exceeding it. Can you at least cut down?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:23 PM

YES!! There was a period where I'd feel a little groggy after I ate it. I stopped for a little while but eventually caved. I don't get the groggy feeling now.

Quoting JadsW:

Aren't you scared of diabetes?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:24 PM

It's going to have to be an all or nothing thing. I'm hoping by posting this someone (or many someones) will scare me enough to stop.

Quoting Anonymous:

This can't be good. You could end up with diabetes. If you looked up the sugar intake for a woman, you'd see you're exceeding it. Can you at least cut down?

mlg1989
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:25 PM
1 mom liked this

Gahhhhh too sweet!!

I can barely eat cake with frosting!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
banana-bear
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:25 PM
I think I'm going to be sick! Blech!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:26 PM

I'm pretty sure if it weren't socially unacceptable, at parties I'd eat only the frosting and leave the cake.

Quoting mlg1989:

Gahhhhh too sweet!!

I can barely eat cake with frosting!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:26 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

It's going to have to be an all or nothing thing. I'm hoping by posting this someone (or many someones) will scare me enough to stop.

Just spend some time on Google and look up women's daily sugar intake, stuff like that, it will scare you. But I know what you mean, I love vanilla frosting, but I never eat it. Maybe if it's on a cupcake at a birthday party, but I just can't let myself go nuts. Also look up the evils of sugar.

JadsW
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:27 PM
1 mom liked this
Have you had your insulin looked at? You may wanna get some bloodwork done. :/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)