• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How old were you when you got your first mammogram?

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:18 PM
  • 59 Replies

Did it hurt?  Do you have large, medium or small breast?

by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
teal_phoenix
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:19 PM

I am 33 and haven't had one.

I have medium breasts, I think. 42 dd.

QueenBof6
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:19 PM

I have HUGE boobs.

And yes. It hurt.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
thetrollcat
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:21 PM

I have never had one

Kaya529
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:23 PM

Never had one

kayla4507
by Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:23 PM

I was 22 I think. It hurt a little, but not much, but I also have a high pain tolerance. I am 36 b. Usually people dont get them until theyre 40 or so, but the doctor was concerned about certain health issues. 

Jebekarue
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:23 PM

40 yrs old 40 D .....gotta go in for a follow up they found cysts they want to check.  Doc was pissed I didn't have one at 35 as a base line. 

The first time wasn't so bad, more pressure than anything.  The 2nd time was a little more painful the squeezeeeddddd them a little more to get a better look at the cysts. 

thetrollcat
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:24 PM

I dont think they can be done if you are a Size A lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:29 PM

I had my first at 41 and then another at 43. I have small breast and I have cysts, in the mamogram they looked like something to be concerned about or at least a better look. So they did an dx ultra sound. Just like an ultra sound when your pregnant, but on your boobs. My cysts were just that, and nothing to be concerned about, luckily.

The first one was pretty uncomfortable, I could tolerate it, but didn't feel good. The second one was very painful! I haven't been back since, and that was 5 years ago. The cyst I have make it painful, when the cyst is squished it hurts very much. I still have cysts, they come and go. But I won't get another mamogram, that's for sure. If I feel like something is not right I will ask my dr if I can just have the ultra sound one and not the mamogram. I will not put myself through that torture again!!

To me it seems this is so barbaric! Why is it even necessary? They can just do the ultra sound one and not use that torture device!!

Elyce225
by Emerald Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:29 PM

I am a 34B and have to get one tomorrow.  I'm scared it's going to hurt.  I have a high pain tolerance too though, you made me feel better.

I hope you are fine?

Quoting kayla4507:

I was 22 I think. It hurt a little, but not much, but I also have a high pain tolerance. I am 36 b. Usually people dont get them until theyre 40 or so, but the doctor was concerned about certain health issues. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:30 PM
I got my first at 22 i get one once a year and yes it hurt I have huge boobs
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)