Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Big girls at the gym

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 103 Replies

What do you think when you see a big girl working out at the gym?? Do you notice her jiggleyness? Her red face? How she's not going as fast as everyone else?

Just wondering. I'm a big girl going to the gym and I'm a little insecure, surrounded by so many men and women with nice bodies.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BamaMommy2
by Angel.N.Disguise on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:35 PM
5 moms liked this

I don't think anything negative about them. I think it's great that they are in the gym, exercising. That shows that they are ready and willing to put forth the effort to get healthier.

hellomilla
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:35 PM
I envy them! I absolutely HATE working out. I honestly just want to hug them and tell them not to give up. A lot of "bigger" girls are more dedicated in the gym.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Bethbeth
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:36 PM

I don't pay a lot of attention. I would think, "wow, good for her for working out!"

Who cares what people think anyway. They are a bunch of strangers.

AllofFive19
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:36 PM
2 moms liked this

Don't think about them. You're not going to the gym for them, you're going for you.

Spoiled_Blonde
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:36 PM

That is not what I think at all... I think good for her! Keep up your motivation and don't care what anyone else is thinking about you! Keep your eyes on the prize!! =)

tisha826
by Tisha on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:37 PM
This!

Quoting BamaMommy2:

I don't think anything negative about them. I think it's great that they are in the gym, exercising. That shows that they are ready and willing to put forth the effort to get healthier.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
teal.blaze
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:37 PM

All I think is that there's someone trying to make a change to get healthy. I don't really pay attention to much else. If you are super insecure about it, you could use the gym for weight-bearing exercise, and cardio at home with like a hula hoop and/or jump rope.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:37 PM
I love them.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:37 PM

It has been my experience that most people ignore everyone else. Our gym has TVs, people wear earbuds and mind their own business. I've been one of those jiggly girls, and not a single person was pointing and laughing. In fact, most of them were heavy, too. LOL

Gmgej
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:37 PM

I was a gym rat through and through and honestly I never ever thought or noticed any of thoes things, I was always proud of anyone who was trying, it isn't easy to be heavy and it isn't easy to work hard.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)