Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Somebody enlighten me....come on in

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:36 PM
  • 20 Replies

Why are poor people on PA and those on disability looked down upon???  

by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ff-princess
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:36 PM

about...?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:37 PM

Hit enter too soon?

newmommy7608
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:37 PM

Lol I'm on my ipad and accidentally hit enter sorry mommas :)

MomTo2Boys12
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:39 PM

People always need something to complain about it seems. Nobody is happy with anything so they just drag everything down. Good or bad.

bi-polarmommy
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:40 PM

because everybody knows the ones looking down on other people are perfect and never hit any hard times or had any thing go wrong in their life

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:46 PM

Because many people work there asses off making a living and don't like that others don't.  As for disability I can only assume people think there are a lot frauds just claiming to be disabled.

newmommy7608
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:47 PM

I'm just so tired of seeing everyone on pa getting talked about.. My hubby has severe ptsd and is 100% disabled through the military and also on ssd when he lost his civilian job in 2008 it was right before we had our second child and times were beyond ruff their were times I just didn't see how we was gonna make it through...I got a job as a sub teacher and worked my butt off 5 days a week most weeks and just barely kept us a float..we was on food stamps and wic..but as soon as my dh got approved for his disability pay I stopped receiving it all. I understand that some people do receive it when they don't need it...but why talk about those who do need it..

TexanMomOf6
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:58 PM

Quoting newmommy7608:

I'm just so tired of seeing everyone on pa getting talked about.. My hubby has severe ptsd and is 100% disabled through the military and also on ssd when he lost his civilian job in 2008 it was right before we had our second child and times were beyond ruff their were times I just didn't see how we was gonna make it through...I got a job as a sub teacher and worked my butt off 5 days a week most weeks and just barely kept us a float..we was on food stamps and wic..but as soon as my dh got approved for his disability pay I stopped receiving it all. I understand that some people do receive it when they don't need it...but why talk about those who do need it..

You are probably in the minority. In order to escape an abusive situation I had to live in public housing and get on PA. I got 3 part-time jobs and worked my butt off to get away from there. I had people there asking me why I worked so hard when I could stay home and get more money that way. Enough people take horrible advantage of the system so it makes everyone look bad.

babyboy117
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:00 PM
Because ..blah blah blah blah blah. That's why.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:00 PM
Waits for it
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)