• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

OMG! My dog did what?!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 23 Replies

My dog scraped the top of her nose on the concrete pretty bad. I guess she thought the snow was deeper than it is. It looks like the just took a few layers of skin off the top of her nose, it's not that bad but it's obviously bothering her. I cleaned it and tried to put neosporin on it but she keeps licking it off! It's bleeding a bit not not a ton. Is there anything else I should be doing? II keep thinking I should put a bandage on it to protect it from germs but I don't know how I could do that without bandaging her mouth shut. Is it okay for her to be licking it or should I be stricter about not letting her do that?

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
stephiebugg
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:41 PM

Don't dogs lick their wounds? I think it's probably okay... I mean, it's a common phrase for a reason, right? LOL

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:41 PM

Well....she likes to eat cat poop from the litter box. So.....

Quoting stephiebugg:

Don't dogs lick their wounds? I think it's probably okay... I mean, it's a common phrase for a reason, right? LOL

Schleetle
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:42 PM
I have no idea... Bump.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile

cone of shame!!!!

No, really I would clean it and leave it if it isnt too bad, dont bother with the neosporin.  Licking it off might make her sick.  

Keep an eye on it though, take her to the vet if it gets swollen, painful, or doesnt heal

MomTo2Boys12

I agree with Stephiebugg, I think them licking their wounds usually helps with things they can reach is they aren't too terribly beaten up from hurting themself. Just give some extra cuddles :)

shivasgirl
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:42 PM

her mouth has the antibodies she needs to heal the wound..just keep an eye on it in case of infection...poor pup

she_walk_softly

It's ok but maybe give her a bone to keep her busy

sweetsablink
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:43 PM

My sister's dog did that once. She just cleaned it then left him alone. He took care of it himself for the most part. I wouldn't worry about it. Animals seem to be pretty good at tending to their own minor injuries.

MrsRinehart2010
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:43 PM

neopsorn can be toxic since its supposed to be out side the body. you could used the stuff that bf women use thats for healing and safe to ingest lol. (cnt remember the name now).

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:44 PM
Leave it alone and she'll be fine. Don't put anything on it. The dogs saliva has stuff in it that will help it to heal.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)