• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My confession- fs related

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:41 PM
  • 4 Replies
We are officially off of foodstamps and I am thrilled. My confession though, I'm also terrified.

We have been receiving them off and on for about 2 years. They have been a blessing when times were tough, and I really am grateful they exist. I know that we can make it without them, but somewhere deep down inside I'm scared that we will go hungry (us, not our dd) this is just a fear because df has a great job finally, i will start working part time soon, and my family would never let us go hungry if it came down to it. It's just another step to becoming an adult, and Im a little nervous. Df and I met in recovery, fell in love, and then god blessed us with our dd. No, she wasn't planned but she is the best gift I've ever been given. I don't want to tell df that I'm scared to get off of fs, although he has a pretty good idea.

I'm definitely proud to not need assistance anymore, but I'm selfish and found comfort in not having to worry about food. Again, I know lots of people are against fs and I might get bashed for this, but I needed to get it out there. I'm incredibly grateful and nervous all at the same time.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
JasonsMom2007
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:43 PM
Change can be so hard! I'm happy for you :)
Lilred57
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:46 PM
And I'm horrible with most change lol. Thank you :)

Quoting JasonsMom2007:

Change can be so hard! I'm happy for you :)
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:47 PM
It was weird at first paying with my money for food but its a normal thing now, sure I don't get as many snacks but we eat healthier now
Lilred57
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:13 PM
My df said something similar to that about the snacks. I definitely bought healthy food with it and all of our 'staples', but we did spend money on stuff that we didn't really need. I guess I just need to dedicate more time to coupons and the sales. I like the idea of eating a lot healthier. I know we can do it, and summer is coming up so lots of free fresh fruits and veggies too :)

Quoting Anonymous:

It was weird at first paying with my money for food but its a normal thing now, sure I don't get as many snacks but we eat healthier now
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)