Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Have you ever???

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:09 PM
  • 5 Replies

Had a premonition or just felt like something was going to happen and it did? 

I have had that happen to me multiple times over the years.

Did you warn anyone?  What was their response?  Did something actually happen or did you not participate to find out?  What was your reaction after it did happen whether you were there or not?  

My big one was we had been planning a fishing trip for a week.  DD was 3 DS just turned 5.  the few days leading up to the fishing trip I got this sick feeling in the pit of my stomach and just had this horrible feeling something was going to happen.  DH and I fought and fought about it.  We ended up going, I chose to go because if something was going to happen I wanted to be there to help.  It was just a day trip to the river.  We unloaded the car and got on the boat dock.  When we got there we realized there was no rail around the dock so we put dd in the playpen so she wouldn't fall in if we lost track of her.  

It was a gorgeous March day, light breeze blowing, a few puffy clouds in the sky.  Then all hell broke loose...a whirlwind came out of nowhere!!!!  anything that was not weighed down went into the water.  Including the playpen with dd in it!!!  DH jumped in and I never saw him come up so I jumped in and grabbed our dd, our friends pulled her out.   DH finally popped his head up because he had lost track of her not realizing that we had gotten her out.  A boat with a couple of guys pulled up to help almost running me over as I hung onto the dock.  They jumped out and pulled dh out.  Seemed like it took forever for them to finally notice me and pull me out too.  I have never been so cold in my entire life.  They drove the boat out and found some of our stuff that was still floating, including the play pen. 

DD was ok, just wet and cold, the air in her coat kept her floating.  It took her forever to get use to going in the water and now she loves to swim and surf.  We could not understand where the whirlwind came from, or why it was so strong, or why that day, that time and that place.   

by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
stephiebugg
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:11 PM

Yes. When I'm driving in the dark, I will "see" a deer in my head before I see one on the road. I know, it's pretty stupid, but it happens a lot on my way into work in the early morning. I'm grateful for it.
I also will randomly think of a person, and then they will call me. This happens a lot with my MIL and we don't gab on the phone very often.

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:12 PM

Thank goodness everyone was okay

by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:13 PM

my sis and I have a weird thing. I dont know if its "premonition" but we kn ow when somethings wrong with the other even when we're apart.  When I had my car acciedent and almost died my sis knew somehow and called my mom to find out where I was.  My mom was on her way to the hospital.

When my sis was diagnosed with cancer I knew somethng was wrong and she needed me.  Turns out she went to the doctors alone not expecting to hear she had cancer, and was crying wishing she'd brought me with her.

Is that premonition? Its effin weird.

ANSLUASI
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:20 PM

Yes. The first one happened when I was 7. I woke up out of a sound sleep, told my mom that my grandma was dead, and a short time later the phone rang and it was my grandpa saying that she had stopped breathing and was on her way to the hossy. she died that night.

I have known that two different friends were preggo before they told me. Neither was TTC, so it was not an expected thing.

The freakiest one occurred when I got a terrible vibe for a guy I worked with. He totally creeped me out and I refused to be alone near him. He was arrested later that year for raping a woman at a nearby park, shooting her and driving off with her half dead. He was apprehended and she survived, albeit paralyzed. It could have been me if I had not followed my gut and avoided him, since I worked my job alone and there were tons of secluded places I had to visit as part of my job where he could have had plenty of time and opportunity to attack.

Jebekarue
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:20 PM

After I typed that and I read it all I could think was TROLLLLLLLL LOL....I mean it was such a crazy incident even now sooo many years later when I tell people about it I think they think I am making it up.

My friends daughter and her friend were hit by a car earlier this evening and as soon as she left the house I felt like something was going to happen and she isn't even my kid!!!!   We are watching her and her brother until this weekend when their mom gets back.  When my friend gets back they are moving out!!! WOOOP 3 days

On an odd note, my Mom was the same way....the first time she allowed me to drive out of town I got in a wreck.  She told her brother as soon as I left the house "awww shit she is gonna get in a wreck"  of course this was before cell phones so she couldn't call me back home. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)