Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

CPS comes to your door and checks your fridge. What do they see?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
No time for fixing it. Show me a picture of your fridge right now. My pic will be in replies.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:10 PM
Replies (111-120):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 17 on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:54 PM
They will come by first and ask, if you tell them no they will get a warrant.

However it will be documented in your file that you were uncooperative so if your case isn't something that is open and shut that will be a factor in moving forward.

I'm a social worker.

Quoting Kaelaasmom:

The police can't enter without a warrant, either. I am a mandated reporter. I know how CPS works.

Quoting Anonymous:

The police will make their way in for CPS. No warrant needed. It's for children's protection. If warrants were needed, CPS couldn't do their job.

Quoting Kaelaasmom:

Yes, yes they do. I do not have to let them in my home without a warrant.

Quoting Anonymous:

They don't need one.

Quoting Kaelaasmom:

They can't see my fridge from the hall of the apartment building, where they would be standing without a warrant.

Tigress22304
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:55 PM

Quoting rlk121909:

lol id love to have another kitchen in my fridge. imagine all the space lol.

i did that like a week ago and i already need to do it again :/ 

im so exhausted being pregnant so i kind of only clean once a week lol

Quoting Tigress22304:

Quoting rlk121909:

a bottle of kitchen? :p

Quoting Tigress22304:

2 gallons of homemade tea-wrapped up chicken from dinner and a bottle of kitchen and a gallon of milk

(we've all been sick-i just got done scrubbing the fridge out from old leftovers-we're going food shopping in the morning to stock up on everything )

The freezer is fully stocked though.-I'm too lazy to take a picture

omg LOL KETCHUP! lol

I just spent 2 hours scrubbing my kitchen top to bottom lol.

all 3 kids have been passing around this sickness-plus dh and i both caught it........no backup lol believe me i would LOVE a kitchen in my fridge!!!

I need more space!!!

Kaelaasmom
by Katie on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:56 PM
2 moms liked this
I am aware of the fact that they will note it in the file. I still won't let any government representative enter my home without a warrant.

Quoting Anonymous:

They will come by first and ask, if you tell them no they will get a warrant.

However it will be documented in your file that you were uncooperative so if your case isn't something that is open and shut that will be a factor in moving forward.

I'm a social worker.

Quoting Kaelaasmom:

The police can't enter without a warrant, either. I am a mandated reporter. I know how CPS works.

Quoting Anonymous:

The police will make their way in for CPS. No warrant needed. It's for children's protection. If warrants were needed, CPS couldn't do their job.

Quoting Kaelaasmom:

Quoting Anonymous:

They don't need one.

Quoting Kaelaasmom:

They can't see my fridge from the hall of the apartment building, where they would be standing without a warrant.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:56 PM
Years ago I had a case with CPS. They looked in my fridge all the damn time. It took like 10 seconds but as long as they seen food they were happy.

Quoting Mommy2justone:

Ha ha ha! I am a foster mom, they never looked in my fridge or cabinets. They give me the babies they take away from you. As long as you have food, they don't care if it is eggs, milk, cereal and cheese, they will not take your kids (unless there are other issues) . Most of the time they try to keep low risk cases in home, get assistance for them, and keep the kids out of Foster care. They have to train Foster parents, and there aren't enough of us , and pay for Foster placements.
TAG_ur_it
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:56 PM

not a whole lot lol.  some sandwich meat, a few condiments, cheese, milk, tea and water. we go grocery shopping tomorrow.  

tennisgal
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:56 PM

some grapes, cheese sticks and coke.

I was heading to the grocery store today and then it started snowing hard all day (unexpectedly, it was only supposed to rain a bit TOMORROW). 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:58 PM
That's what I'm talking about!!

Quoting LucyHourglass:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 1, 2013 at 12:02 AM
When a cop is banging on your door because you are suspected of abusing your children, that's all they need to get in. I would rather believe cops on this one.

Quoting Kaelaasmom:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Kaelaasmom:

Quoting Anonymous:

They don't need one.

Quoting Kaelaasmom:

NiceMom06
by Gold Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 12:03 AM
why the classes , if he didn't do anything

Quoting LisaSmock:

Crazy guy next door called CPS once said my DH was beating us (he's not ) they check out food. All organic and tons of it and made DH take anger classes even though no one had any marks on them

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes they do.

Quoting spicy_n_sweet:

CPS wouldn't care what's in or not in my fridge.

Kaelaasmom
by Katie on Feb. 1, 2013 at 12:03 AM
The police need a warrant to enter a private residence.

Quoting Anonymous:

When a cop is banging on your door because you are suspected of abusing your children, that's all they need to get in. I would rather believe cops on this one.

Quoting Kaelaasmom:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Kaelaasmom:

Quoting Anonymous:

They don't need one.

Quoting Kaelaasmom:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)