Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Is your so a handyman?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 39 Replies
I was just wondering if you ladies have a handyman or not? Df is attempting to put a tv stand together. He keeps telling me he has this. Haha I'm wondering how many bolts will be left over when he is done!
Does your handyman read the instructions first or as they go? Mine just kind of tore into the box, handed me the instructions and said hold onto them for me. So please send happy vibes he does this correctly! Haha.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MixedCooke
by Platinum Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 3:16 AM
1 mom liked this

he is more white collar than blue collar meaning he can break down a computer and put it back together but he cant change the oil in the car.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 1, 2013 at 3:20 AM
My dh is a carpenter, so yes, he is handy to have around ;)

He is not fond of reading instructions though. Usually this is not a problem.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 1, 2013 at 3:27 AM
Df can do both the computer and car. But ask him to build a tv stand or crib. Nope he usually messes up or forgets parts. I had to correct him several times. He didn't even finish it. He got too frustrated and went to bed. Lol

Quoting MixedCooke:

he is more white collar than blue collar meaning he can break down a computer and put it back together but he cant change the oil in the car.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 1, 2013 at 3:28 AM
Lucky!

Quoting Anonymous:

My dh is a carpenter, so yes, he is handy to have around ;)

He is not fond of reading instructions though. Usually this is not a problem.
viasacra18
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 3:29 AM
Yes my hubby is great at doing anything I need done around the house ..sometimes he uses directions and sometimes he doesn't!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
AngryBob
by Platinum Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 3:29 AM
He's done construction on pretty much every part of a building, and what he doesn't already know, he can figure it out (with the help of YouTube lol).
Grew up hearing my mom bitch about how my dad couldn't do anything handy, so I made sure to find me a useful sorta guy.
calvinsmommy18
by Gold Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 3:30 AM
He better be. He does construction for a living. Although sometimes he starts projects that we don't really need done around the house.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bustybee
by Buzz Lightyear on Feb. 1, 2013 at 3:30 AM

dh can build those 'assemble' kits... as long as you don't mind it being slightly crooked lol. don't ask him to build something from scratch either lol

but he can do lots of other things as long as it doesn't involve a hammer, screws, or nails :P

minnesotamommie
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 3:32 AM
Lol oh... My dh first attempted to use the drill and it was on reverse. He can put a bookcase together if he follows the directions but it will take as long as it took my dad to put the desk and the other book cases together. I am the handyman around here and when I get stuck I call my dad. But my dh can read and write in ancient Greek so that's nothing to sneeze at
ATG499
by Platinum Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 3:33 AM
SO is a handyman. He is a welder by profession. Sadly, no, he does not read instructions.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)