Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I am nervous to tell Dh. *updated*

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Dh and I have been married for 7 years. 11 year ago I was a single mom with a 6 month old baby. I was a waitress and this guy kept coming in and asking for me to wait on him. He would leave huge tips--he saw my daughter's pic in my book and asked about her. I told him and he left a $100 tip and said he wanted me to buy my daughter something. He came in one day and we were talking, he said he had overheard me talking with another employee about my car. He left a $600 tip because I desperately needed new tires. For my birthday, he gave me a gift cert for a massage and a gift cert for dinner and a show, as well as a Tiffany's bracelet AND $1,000 as birthday money.

As time went on I got to know him better. He was a sweet man with no family or friends. He was the CEO of a Fortune 500 company. He became my sugar daddy. We never had sex or did anything sexual. We have remained friends. I feel like it's time to tell Dh about the money. He knew we were friends but thought the money and gifts came from family. I have no father, and this man was like a father to me. He paid for Disney world for Dh and I and our 4 kids. He gave me $50k to put down on our house. He also gave me $35k for mine and dh's anniversary to buy Dh the car he wanted. I told Dh I won the trip to Disney, and won the car. I was scared to tell him another man was financing our lifestyle.

This man has now gone into a nursing home. I am the only heir to his money and assets. He is very ill. Dh is not jealous of him, but I worry when he finds out this man is leaving me $11.7m. I know he will love the money, but I know I should have been honest.

This man has no one but me. I have never asked him for a dime, but he has always volunteered to give me anything I wanted. Once he saw something I liked on Facebook and a week later, the new sofa was at my door lol.

I know I was wrong to lie to Dh. I mostly thought having a sugar daddy made me weak and I thought Dh would think so too.

I'm going to tell him tomorrow.

Update: I talked to Dh last night. As I expected he was very upset about this. No amount of money is worth the lies. No, we aren't divorcing and we aren't separating. He was initially angry because I lied so much and lied to cover up lies. Then he was frustrated and disappointed in not only me, but himself for being naive and not questioning everything. We will be taking the money as previously arranged, but Dh is still upset. He wishes I had just been honest. He said he really feels like crap because I was too afraid to tell him the truth since he's so judgmental. I am not blaming him for my lies at all, but if he had been more accepting of others and situations I wouldn't have lied. It's still my fault and I know that.

He still loves me but will have to work to regain trust. We love each other and something like this isn't going to destroy us. Btw I talked to my friend who has asked me to just call him uncle as my children do. It feels awesome to finally have validity for our 'family', I guess. He is in the assisted living facility but is not doing well at all. We hope he will live a few more years, but he's said himself that his work on earth is done. I understand but he is still so much a part of my life. I do love him dearly. My husband understands this and loves him, too.

Thanks for the support ladies.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:17 PM
Replies (41-50):
colins_mom
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:34 PM
Well you can share it with me...

Why couldnt i have had customers like that when i was a waitress?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jacandjay
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:34 PM
Yea sure...
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:35 PM
Please reread my op--we never had sex or did anything sexual. He was a man with a lot of money who spent his whole life trying to be successful and never made time for friends or family.

I know he will be pissed that I lied.

Quoting MrsRinehart2010:

no offense but good luck my husband would mainly be pissed that I lied an kept things from him. Not even the fact that Ihad a friend that gave me things.(have you been having sex with this guy the whole time?)

Momyplease
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:35 PM
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:36 PM
I don't know what else to call it. That's why I feel so ashamed, because it makes me feel cheap.

Quoting Anonymous:

I think youre a troll, but I don't think that's what a sugar daddy is, you have a friend that has a shitload of money.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 13 on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:36 PM
I would never tell. What's to be gained at this point? Just don't lie anymore.
Dazey18
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:36 PM

Bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous 14 on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:36 PM
Why can't I find a sugar daddy?
colins_mom
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:36 PM
I know right?

Quoting bustybee:

I want a sugar daddy. I need a nice break like that :)

MrsRinehart2010
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:36 PM

yeah my biggest thing with my husband would be the lieing not even that this guygave us things. I mean may had you told him earlier on you guys could have taken him in like family and made him part of the family. No offense but its kinda sad for the guy because that seems to be all he has wanted. I would go see him in the nursing home.

Quoting Anonymous:

Please reread my op--we never had sex or did anything sexual. He was a man with a lot of money who spent his whole life trying to be successful and never made time for friends or family.

I know he will be pissed that I lied.

Quoting MrsRinehart2010:

no offense but good luck my husband would mainly be pissed that I lied an kept things from him. Not even the fact that Ihad a friend that gave me things.(have you been having sex with this guy the whole time?)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)