Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Name all the type of jobs you worked at-

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

babysit-numerous

fastfood -1

social work career-4 (after degree) and 2 prior to degree

child care centers-2

college campus-1

in the field/farm-1

that is all I can think of right now

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:34 PM
Replies (171-180):
LiliM
by Gold Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 1:00 PM

restaurants as a waitress, call center employee, ice cream scooper, financial advisor, sailing instructor, massage therapist, massage therapist instructor.

by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 1:00 PM

Sorry *large chain pet stores.

The small privately owned pet stores that do that are the exception.  And I have my doubts since the profit for the store would be next to zero if not less than zero.

Quoting Anonymous:

Not 'all' pet stores get their puppies from puppy mills. A very good friend of mine owns a pet store. I asked her where she gets her puppies from. She showed me all of the info on the private breeders she gets her puppies from. She has even flown out to these private breeders and seen where the breeders and their puppies live. She is the one who contacts the breeders to get puppies from them! If anyone calls her wanting to sell their puppies to her, she says she will only buy their puppies if she can visit the home where the puppies are located at! The person on the other end usually says they will have to get back to her, and she never hears from them again. She also requires all puppies to be papered. The breeder is also required to show proof that each puppy has been to the vet and are healthy and have had their first shots, dew claws removed etc.

Quoting 428:

I was the manager for the stores in my province.  Its not just a myth that pet stores are bad and they get their dogs from puppy mills.  It's all true

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm just curious--what is a provincial manager, and why are you ashamed? Sorry--I'm totally clueless here.

Quoting 428:

tim hortons, mcdonalds (that was awful but I needed money) and Im ashamed of this, but I was a provincial manager for a large scale national pet store.

xpectingmama10
by Silver Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 1:05 PM
In order

office assistant- 6 years
Tacobell/KFC combination- 3 months I hated the manager
Child Care provider-4 1/2 years

Now- SAHM!! :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
fairyjester
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 1:07 PM
This id easy.
Vet assistant

vet tech

pet groomer
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
melissam21
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 1:10 PM
I worked at Forever 21 and I hated it
Then at 2 different animal hosptials.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 1, 2013 at 1:21 PM

No worries. My friend doesn't have a problem selling her pups b/c everyone knows she does not get them from any puppy mills. My friend sells a lot of other things besides just puppies. She has fish, lizards, snakes, mice/rats, etc. She also has horses and gives riding lessons and she also boards horses and a lot of the ppl who board their horses pay her 'PREMIUM' monthly fee b/c they don't want to have to feed their horse(s) every day nor do they want to muck out their horse(s) stall every day. SOOOO---she makes $1,200 a month on each horse that is on her 'Premium' monthly fee. Right now, she has 6 horses on her 'Premium' monthly fee so thats $7,200 right there! She isn't even having to pay anyone right now to feed and clean up after the horses, b/c her DD is living at home and doesn't have a job. Her mom told her that since she cannot pay her in rent, she will work for her board and keep by taking care of the horses for her. She also has 5 other horses that the owners feed every day and muck out their stalls. Those owners pay her $400/month. So that is another $2,000.00 So ya--she is doing very well for herself!!

Quoting 428:

The small privately owned pet stores that do that are the exception.  And I have my doubts since the profit for the store would be next to zero if not less than zero.

Quoting Anonymous:

Not 'all' pet stores get their puppies from puppy mills. A very good friend of mine owns a pet store. I asked her where she gets her puppies from. She showed me all of the info on the private breeders she gets her puppies from. She has even flown out to these private breeders and seen where the breeders and their puppies live. She is the one who contacts the breeders to get puppies from them! If anyone calls her wanting to sell their puppies to her, she says she will only buy their puppies if she can visit the home where the puppies are located at! The person on the other end usually says they will have to get back to her, and she never hears from them again. She also requires all puppies to be papered. The breeder is also required to show proof that each puppy has been to the vet and are healthy and have had their first shots, dew claws removed etc.

Quoting 428:

I was the manager for the stores in my province.  Its not just a myth that pet stores are bad and they get their dogs from puppy mills.  It's all true

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm just curious--what is a provincial manager, and why are you ashamed? Sorry--I'm totally clueless here.

Quoting 428:

tim hortons, mcdonalds (that was awful but I needed money) and Im ashamed of this, but I was a provincial manager for a large scale national pet store.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 1, 2013 at 1:24 PM
Hostess 18-19.
insurance 2o-24
I am 24 now.

by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 1:27 PM

That may be how she is  able to bring in quality dogs.  It's not the norm.  Im glad she is so responsible! I wish everyone could be.  The store where we worked was awful.  Every animal was mistreated, even the fish.   Before I worked there I didnt even know fish COULD be mistreated.  But yup, they can if youre shitty enough.

Quoting Anonymous:

No worries. My friend doesn't have a problem selling her pups b/c everyone knows she does not get them from any puppy mills. My friend sells a lot of other things besides just puppies. She has fish, lizards, snakes, mice/rats, etc. She also has horses and gives riding lessons and she also boards horses and a lot of the ppl who board their horses pay her 'PREMIUM' monthly fee b/c they don't want to have to feed their horse(s) every day nor do they want to muck out their horse(s) stall every day. SOOOO---she makes $1,200 a month on each horse that is on her 'Premium' monthly fee. Right now, she has 6 horses on her 'Premium' monthly fee so thats $7,200 right there! She isn't even having to pay anyone right now to feed and clean up after the horses, b/c her DD is living at home and doesn't have a job. Her mom told her that since she cannot pay her in rent, she will work for her board and keep by taking care of the horses for her. She also has 5 other horses that the owners feed every day and muck out their stalls. Those owners pay her $400/month. So that is another $2,000.00 So ya--she is doing very well for herself!!

Quoting 428:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting 428:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting 428:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 1, 2013 at 1:32 PM

I have seen kids mistreat fish before! My friend had 2 goldfish. Her two boys thought it was 'fun' to take them out of the fish bowl and watch them 'flip' around on the counter!!! I was babysitting them one time, and they didn't know I was watching them! They pulled the fish out and put them on the counter! I ran over, gently picked up the fish and put them back in the bowl. I chewed them out and told them I was going to tell their mom what they had done!! Their mom punished them with no TV,  or video games, and they were grounded to their rooms after school and all say Saturday and Sunday for 3 weeks!! She also gave the goldfish to her friend whose a Kindergarten teacher!! The friend said the kids LOVED having the goldfish in their classroom!!  

Quoting 428:

That may be how she is  able to bring in quality dogs.  It's not the norm.  Im glad she is so responsible! I wish everyone could be.  The store where we worked was awful.  Every animal was mistreated, even the fish.   Before I worked there I didnt even know fish COULD be mistreated.  But yup, they can if youre shitty enough.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting 428:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting 428:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting 428:

whoopsie16
by Gold Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:19 PM
cause it stopped at 17 and a half so i was wondering if you were about my age..

Quoting Anonymous:

Why?

Quoting whoopsie16:

oh...

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting whoopsie16:

how old are you now?

Quoting Anonymous:

Babysitter from 13-15 off and on for family only. I was a cashier at a supermarket for 16-17.5. That's it.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)