Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How much do you think a family of 4 needs to make in your area?

Posted by   + Show Post

that means to be able to pay all bills and like maybe go out to dinner as a family once a month?  

I say about 35,000 to 40,000 where i live-

by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:39 PM
Replies (121-125):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 25 on Feb. 1, 2013 at 8:42 PM
And if there's an emergency? Or going to doctor's appointments? We don't have ambulances in my area. It takes them 30 minutes to get to us. And there are no doctor's offices nearby. It's more than not wanting to be stuck in the house. It's physically impossible to do the things I need to do on a weekly basis. And we don't have public transportation. No, not even taxis will come get us because it will cost $200 dollars or more round trip.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

just because you don't want to be stuck in the house doesn't mean you need a car.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 1, 2013 at 8:45 PM
Quoting Anonymous:

I would never live in the area you do.
spicy_n_sweet
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 8:55 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

And if there's an emergency? Or going to doctor's appointments? We don't have ambulances in my area. It takes them 30 minutes to get to us. And there are no doctor's offices nearby. It's more than not wanting to be stuck in the house. It's physically impossible to do the things I need to do on a weekly basis. And we don't have public transportation. No, not even taxis will come get us because it will cost $200 dollars or more round trip.

Oh my. I can not imagine living so isolated with so few options. Really the closest hospital to me is around 20 city blocks, that's about 2 miles. I have 3 public transportation choices. That's not for buses, that's a choice between: bus, train, streetcar/trolley.  My dentist is 5 blocks from me, my doctor is 6 blocks from me,  my closest grocery store is 4 blocks from me.. I could go on and on.   I honestly would not know what to do with myself.  When do you go to the Library (central branch 7 blocks from me), or museums (art museum and another 4 blocks from me), or to art galleries (all around me) or anything like that? How do you get to experience or have your children experience those types of things where you live? 

TBF: You might not be able to imagine or would like living in a place like I do.  I'm just very curious about living/life in such an isolated place. Not in a negative way, in a I have never lived like that and can't imagine it  way.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 25 on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:35 PM
I absolutely hate it, tbh. But, while we can afford to live in a more populated area, it's much more expensive and we get more land for our kids to play on this way for much cheaper (we pay $700/month now vs $1300/month for rent). It's miserable sometimes and I hate that we moved out of the closest city, but we have a bigger home, save more money, and have more land.

Quoting spicy_n_sweet:

Quoting Anonymous:

Oh my. I can not imagine living so isolated with so few options. Really the closest hospital to me is around 20 city blocks, that's about 2 miles. I have 3 public transportation choices. That's not for buses, that's a choice between: bus, train, streetcar/trolley.  My dentist is 5 blocks from me, my doctor is 6 blocks from me,  my closest grocery store is 4 blocks from me.. I could go on and on.   I honestly would not know what to do with myself.  When do you go to the Library (central branch 7 blocks from me), or museums (art museum and another 4 blocks from me), or to art galleries (all around me) or anything like that? How do you get to experience or have your children experience those types of things where you live? 

TBF: You might not be able to imagine or would like living in a place like I do.  I'm just very curious about living/life in such an isolated place. Not in a negative way, in a I have never lived like that and can't imagine it  way.

Blueliner
by Platinum Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:38 PM

If they want a decent house, and don't have any other debit (student loans, credit cards, cars, etc) then 80k would be comfortable.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN