Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I hope she takes him for all he's worth

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:42 PM
  • 7 Replies
My poor aunt,you should never have to be homeless when you DO pay you're bills on time.

My aunt rented a house that she loved,been there 2 years.last Monday her landlord notified her that the house was in foreclosure and behind on taxes so they (the bank) were taking him to court,he wanted my aunt to be present with him also.

They went to court the following Wednesday and that's when my aunt found out he stopped paying the rent for a whole year.she was ordered to be out Thursday(today).

This morning she started packing with no help or truck.she collects SS so she wont have any money til tomorrow.my cousin and his sister are finally helping when a detective shows up with some other guys and the landlord who are being assholes to her like she did something wrong.

Her nerves are already bad so all of this leads to her having a nervous break down.my cousin texts me about what's going on.I was headed to work but called out and went to get a uhaul.

Afterwards my aunt was released from the hospital.she was stressing out because she had nowhere for her and her 15 year old to go.I put them in a motel and gave her money for food.

I know she can sue her landlord but for how much? Can she back the year he took her rent money and pocketed it? Any advice would be helpful.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Mommie2Kailen
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 12:04 AM

heres a bump she can sue but im not sure for how much goodluck

Kaelaasmom
by Katie on Feb. 1, 2013 at 12:06 AM
Have her call legal aide. They should be able to at least give her advice.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
AllofFive19
by Emerald Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 12:06 AM

She needs to talk to a lawyer. Look for one with free consultation. If she's a Senior she could look into the local Senior coalition.

ERMAGERRD
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 12:06 AM

thats horrible :(

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 1, 2013 at 12:09 AM
In MI she can sue for the rent she paid after he stopped paying and all moving/storage fees. Including what she pays for the motel.
rvb146
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 12:14 AM
It's worth a shot to sue. Hopefully she has a paper trail to prove how muh she had been paying the landlord.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
iwanabemomie
by Chunk on Feb. 1, 2013 at 12:48 AM
Smart enough for her she keeps EVERYTHING thankfully.I hate she had to go through this.

Quoting rvb146:

It's worth a shot to sue. Hopefully she has a paper trail to prove how muh she had been paying the landlord.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)