Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How on earth do you ERF past age 1? ***UPDATE AFTER TRYING IT***

Posted by   + Show Post

I'm asking because it seriously doesnt make any sense to me. We have 2 different styles of carseats for both girls. and even my youngest hasnt been able to RF since she was 1. Is is our car seats? We just go off of the state requirement for weight and age. My oldest is 3 and 40 inches tall. Youngest is 15 months and 30 inches tall.

We have these carseats for each girl:

They go up to 65 pounds, which in our state is over the requirements for a child restraint being needed. they both say they can rear face to 40 pounds, but both my girls forward faced at a year because their legs were so smooshed.

Is there special car seats for ERF or is just whatever your child can fit safely in until their legs are too long?

***So I tried rearranging somethings in the car to rear face both girls and the 3 year was a little uncomfortable and whined for a little bit. But then she said she was ok after all. Our youngest feel asleep on a 4 minute drive from Walmart to our home. I'm a fan now! I was just always told it was a bad idea so I never gave it much thought!****

by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:44 PM
Replies (411-414):
PinkButterfly66
by Emerald Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 7:49 AM

My daughter is 15 and the recommendation back then was rear facing until the child is 1yr and 20 pounds.  If I had a child now, I wouldn't rear face if the child's legs were really long after 2 yrs.  

alexsmomaubrys2
by Emerald Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 7:50 AM

Quoting StevieMarie:

***So I tried rearranging somethings in the car to rear face both girls and the 3 year was a little uncomfortable and whined for a little bit. But then she said she was ok after all. Our youngest feel asleep on a 4 minute drive from Walmart to our home. I'm a fan now! I was just always told it was a bad idea so I never gave it much thought!****

That is great! My 3 year old nephew loves being rearfaced. Glad you are able to keep them safe.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 50 on Feb. 4, 2013 at 8:07 AM
Our state laws say they can be ff at one years old and 20 lbs. My son, he was 18 months old and 25 lbs when he sat ff. He had alot of issues with his legs when he was younger.
calvinsmommy18
by Gold Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 11:10 AM
Dd doesn't really like it either but I'm going to try a different carseat and give the one I have to mil for her to use.

Quoting leota29:

My DD is RF at 14 months 31 inches and 27 lbs.

My DS is FF at 26 months 37 inches and 30 lbs.

DS HATED being RF and would scream every time he was in the car the entire time. I'm glad he's finally FF.

Quoting calvinsmommy18:

my dd is 1yr shes 30 inches and 19lbs 6 oz, she rear faces just fine, my ds is 4 yrs old, he is ff harnessed, hes 32lbs and 39 inches.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN