Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

update: emotional incest

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 92 Replies
Thats what my husband and sd13have. I did some research and its rampant, unfortunately most of the time, the parent and the child doesnt know its happening but the effect on the child is destructive particularly to the child. It seems it happens very often on divorced or separated couple/parents and couples who are having marital or serious domestic issues.its also closely related to parental alienation. Emotional incest happens when parent child relationship changes into where the parent becomes emotionally dependent to the child.when the unhappy mommy or daddy turns to the child for comfort cause the spouse or partner failed to give emotional support or refuse to do so.the child is forced to be a grown up.. To be a pillar.. A shoulder to cry on.. The ears to listen to the parents unhappiness.. To validate how good mommy or daddy is..to be mommy or daddys self extension.. To be mommys lil knight or daddys mini wife..

And after reading statements from people who suffered emotional incest, im scared that my husband will do it to our babies.. How she groomed sd13 to be his mini wife.no sexual abuse but i can see how he has a hold and control over sd13.tsk.tsk.. Time for me to start packing up.

Update..im sorry to offend some people.i am sharing this experience because it is happening.and it is a form of abuse where the kids suffer a lot.. Particularly in his adulthood and ability to have a successful relationship.. I wasnt aware of it until a cmers mentioned it from my last post prior to this.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 1, 2013 at 12:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 1, 2013 at 12:25 AM
When mommy or daddy cannot self soothe and turn to their kids for comfort most of the time then it is a form of emotional incest.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 1, 2013 at 12:35 AM
When the child becomes the self extension of the parent.. I.e. moms favorite color is purple, isnt it ur favorite color too? Daddy love nascar so whrn u grow up u will love nascar too.. Micro.. Little things that makes the kids more mini us instead of the other parent.. lack of boundary and personal space as well as privacy or lack of sense of privacy. Ofcourse not all the time,these are signs of emotional incest when it is to the extreme that parents form or raise the kids to be their duplicate instead of promoting or supporting their individual uniqueness or separarion as different individual from themselves.kwim.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 1, 2013 at 12:36 AM
10 moms liked this

It's an unhealthy parent/child relationship but I think calling it emotional incest is a bit much. incest implies a sexual relationship.

brittney28
by Brittney on Feb. 1, 2013 at 12:38 AM
I would not use the word "incest"
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 1, 2013 at 12:39 AM
1 mom liked this
This. Jesus.

Quoting Anonymous:

It's an unhealthy parent/child relationship but I think calling it emotional incest is a bit much. incest implies a sexual relationship.

honeyrder
by Platinum Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 12:40 AM

Fuck. That's horrible.

crumpy_gat
by No. on Feb. 1, 2013 at 12:41 AM
Yep def time to pack up
mrsrodgers0703
by Ruby Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 12:43 AM
I think you are the one married to the bed sharing Dad. Yeah, run.
crumpy_gat
by No. on Feb. 1, 2013 at 12:43 AM
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Covert_incest

Quoting Anonymous:

This. Jesus.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 1, 2013 at 1:02 AM
Egads, thanks for the info. This describes my ex and his mother. I always described it as "reverse Oedipus" but this is better. I'm going to go take a hot shower and scrub now.

Quoting crumpy_gat:

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Covert_incest

Quoting Anonymous:

This. Jesus.

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)