Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Should fast food be banned?

Posted by   + Show Post
I don't think they should because it was the persons choices about eating the food at the fast food place. So why banned something that someone sometimes finds rewarding to have as long as your smart about it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 12:26 AM
Replies (41-50):
skittlefart
by Taste the Rainbow on Feb. 1, 2013 at 1:25 AM

some consider subway fast food...so fuck no, i love my subway too much dammit <3 same with schlotzkis(sp?)

IMG_0535_zpsc0ad53e7-1_zps89952559 photo IMG_0535_zpsc0ad53e7-1_zps89952559-1_zpsa642ab08.jpg
Nicky has gathered 4 valentines!
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Daisypath Wedding tickers
Snapdragon88
by Platinum Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 1:30 AM
I'd be fine with it.

But what I REALLY want to know is why hasn't anyone started a healthy fast food chain? I mean HEALTHY... not pretend healthy. Like you drive up, order a grilled chicken and lettuce wrap with some steamed carrot sticks, and be on your way?? That would be fantastic.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 1, 2013 at 1:34 AM

NO WAY!

I love having takeaway for dinner every night of the week

Starbucks Saturday

Subway Sunday

Mcdonald's Monday

Kentucky Fried Chicken Tuesday

Wendy's Wednesday

Thai-kaway Thursday

Fasta Pasta Friday

AdellesMom
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 1:36 AM
They shouldn't. Everyone deserves the right to eat what they want.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mmmonkey
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 1:39 AM
I simply think that food should be more regulated in general. I don't think it's too much to ask when you buy food, it's actually edible. Do you have any idea what they put in some of the fast food stuff?

(Btw I like your nick. Do you play tennis?)

Quoting tennisgal:

but in this case it's to protect them against themselves and that is way too slippery of a slope when calling for government intervention. 

Quoting mmmonkey:

That can be said about a lot of things. It should be legal because no one is forced to do it? I don't agree with that logic and believe that the government has some responsibility to protect its citizens. The crap that's currently being disguised as food and making millions of people sick, whether by their own will or not, should be better regulated in my opinion.

Quoting tennisgal:

but no one is being forced to eat there. quality may be subpar...but they have a customer base who CHOOSE to eat there, right?

With regards to diseases costing the gov't money...that's only true if you are on state medical aid, right??

Quoting mmmonkey:

Not banned, but the bar should be legally raised on what type of food can be sold there. I mean some of the shit they sell does not even qualify for food. It causes diseases and then costs the government billions of dollars.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tennisgal
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 1:55 AM

Honestly, I assume it's always worst-case scenario. I'm a very conscious food shopper and we only eat out once/month at a local place. We buy meat from a local farmer who butchers often. I think the food industry is DISGUSTING, so we certainly agree on that aspect, but I still stand by the motto of, "If there are buyers, they will keep producing."

and thanks, yes I played tennis in high school so I've had my account a long time, lol. my 7yo son really likes playing so I'm secretly excited even if my inlaws tease that only wussy boys wear those white shorts. 

Quoting mmmonkey:

I simply think that food should be more regulated in general. I don't think it's too much to ask when you buy food, it's actually edible. Do you have any idea what they put in some of the fast food stuff?

Quoting tennisgal:

but in this case it's to protect them against themselves and that is way too slippery of a slope when calling for government intervention. 

Quoting mmmonkey:

That can be said about a lot of things. It should be legal because no one is forced to do it? I don't agree with that logic and believe that the government has some responsibility to protect its citizens. The crap that's currently being disguised as food and making millions of people sick, whether by their own will or not, should be better regulated in my opinion.

Quoting tennisgal:

but no one is being forced to eat there. quality may be subpar...but they have a customer base who CHOOSE to eat there, right?

With regards to diseases costing the gov't money...that's only true if you are on state medical aid, right??

Quoting mmmonkey:

Not banned, but the bar should be legally raised on what type of food can be sold there. I mean some of the shit they sell does not even qualify for food. It causes diseases and then costs the government billions of dollars.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 1, 2013 at 1:57 AM

Quoting Homeschoolmom99:

Just because some fools go there and some don't does not matter lets not forget prohibition and how it did nothing to stop drinking or the sale of it!

Quoting Anonymous:

No, that would never go over.

With prohibiition it wasn't illegal to buy or drink alcohol. It was only illegal to sell, manufacture, and transport it. LOL

mmmonkey
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:00 AM
Oh cool! My 8 year old is really into tennis too. There's nothing wussy about it! I'm taking lessons to try to keep up with him but he can kick my ass (he's #1 in our state already for 10 and under).

Quoting tennisgal:

Honestly, I assume it's always worst-case scenario. I'm a very conscious food shopper and we only eat out once/month at a local place. We buy meat from a local farmer who butchers often. I think the food industry is DISGUSTING, so we certainly agree on that aspect, but I still stand by the motto of, "If there are buyers, they will keep producing."

and thanks, yes I played tennis in high school so I've had my account a long time, lol. my 7yo son really likes playing so I'm secretly excited even if my inlaws tease that only wussy boys wear those white shorts. 

Quoting mmmonkey:

Quoting tennisgal:

Quoting mmmonkey:

Quoting tennisgal:

Quoting mmmonkey:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BluePandaDreams
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:05 AM
No. If people want eat junk that's their business. Most of those places do offer healthy alternatives as well.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tennisgal
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:06 AM
1 mom liked this

wow! that's awesome!! he's put in a lot of hard work to earn that kind of title!

Quoting mmmonkey:

Oh cool! My 8 year old is really into tennis too. There's nothing wussy about it! I'm taking lessons to try to keep up with him but he can kick my ass (he's #1 in our state already for 10 and under).

Quoting tennisgal:

Quoting mmmonkey:

Quoting tennisgal:

Quoting mmmonkey:

Quoting tennisgal:

Quoting mmmonkey:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)