Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

strangest name you've ever heard

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I'm just curious, what are some of the strangest or different names you've run into in your life?
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 1, 2013 at 12:44 AM
Replies (61-70):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 13 on Feb. 1, 2013 at 1:48 AM

Pinwheel  LMAOO

she_walk_softly
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 1:48 AM

Dragon

mymanben
by Silver Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 1:51 AM
My sister was a preschool teacher. She had a caviar (fish eggs) and fabreeze in her class
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 14 on Feb. 1, 2013 at 1:51 AM
1 mom liked this
My mom worked with a woman from India.
Her sons name was Tampon!! I was like can think of being in school and hearing "Tampon can you please come to the main office." I died laughing..then the topper..her daughters name
Summers Eve. Yes, her daughter is named after a douce. I have met both of them and when they said their names..do you know how hard it was for me not to break out and laugh!!! I am pretty sure they saw the smirk on my face.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 15 on Feb. 1, 2013 at 1:52 AM

Harvest, and Sidone' (prounounced Cee-doe-knee), Story, Bluejay, and many more. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 16 on Feb. 1, 2013 at 1:53 AM
Dazz'lynn Uniqk
Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Feb. 1, 2013 at 1:53 AM

Balskin (Ball skin and he had just moved to the states from Russia. He was tormented over his name).

brittanyjenean
by Gold Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:05 AM
My DD will be 4 this month. Her father picked out her first name and at the time we hadn't the slightest idea about the Zora from Zelda relation. We had found the name in a name book and it is Slavic, the name Zora means "dawn". And last Easter we actually met an elderly couple and the husband's mother's name was Zora. There is also a female author named Zora as well as one of the character names from "Sonny with a chance" (or whatever that show was on Disney.) We call her Zo for short, but she loves to be in the water. One of these days, either by her father, her uncles, or her grandpa, or even by me, she will be introduced to the Zelda games.

Quoting Anonymous:

How old is your daughter? Did you purposefully name her after a videogame species?

Quoting brittanyjenean:

My daughter's name is Zora Analeigh. I've never met anyone with either.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:06 AM
The part where you think those things are cute...

Quoting supermama322:

lol what part?

Quoting Anonymous:

This is a joke, right?

Quoting supermama322:

my kiddos names :)

seriously, ive never met anyone else in real life with stranger names than my kids.

well my one friend named her dd laker-lynn which i thought was super cute. her dh is a lakers fan. lol

oh and my stepsons biomom just had another baby and his middle name is playboy. :/
supermama322
by Kaylee on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:08 AM
i only said i thought laker's name was cute (which is not a joke).
playboy, not cute. it's getting changed eventually

Quoting Anonymous:

The part where you think those things are cute...

Quoting supermama322:

lol what part?

Quoting Anonymous:

This is a joke, right?

Quoting supermama322:

my kiddos names :)

seriously, ive never met anyone else in real life with stranger names than my kids.

well my one friend named her dd laker-lynn which i thought was super cute. her dh is a lakers fan. lol

oh and my stepsons biomom just had another baby and his middle name is playboy. :/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)