Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

**update** How do I get better?!!! Trip to the Dr?

Posted by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 1:23 AM
  • 23 Replies

SO, everyone in the house had been sick.  Ds(I posted in here about his) lymph nodes are starting to go down in his groin and today was his last day on antibiotics.  He still seems like hes lagging behind and is lazy.( you know how LOs get when they dont feel good.)  DD1 had a high fever and vomiting and was down for 2 days.  DD2 was the same, then I spiked a fever but instead have a TERRIBLE cough, its hard to catch my breath when I do cough, I get wheezy and my voice is shot.  DD2 seems to be getting the same thing and so now is hubby.  I could only take yesterday off work(my fever was kicking my butt and is gone today) and DH begged me to stay home today but I only got 4 days this week and I CANNOT miss 2 days. Checking in guest is bad enough but people are hanging up on me because I cant get sound out loud enough for them to hear over the phone! DSs birthday party is Sat and I need to NEED TO get better like tomorrow!  Every year his birthday gets messed up 2 years ago he had surgery the day after his birthday and last year my grampa went in the hospital and we didnt know when the end would be so we had to cancel his party. I cant cancel it and ruin this for him.  Other than Popsicles and hot tea any tips to get better quickly?  Ive never had a cough this bad where my muscles burn and hurt from coughing so hard and Im gasping for breath after.  Is this an I need to take my butt to the Dr thing, because usually I just wait it out at home :/  TIA!

I couldn't take it anymore and went to the Dr. Its bronchitis :( she gave me a shot of steroids and antibiotics then a script for oral antibiotics. I just want it to feel better. My mom and sister are going to run the party for me. Thanks for all the help though!

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 1:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
horseap
by Gold Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 1:32 AM

Bump, advice please.  I dont want to waste the hour drive to be told just sleep it off :(

rlk121909
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 1:35 AM

that sucks :/ id go to be safe. 

horseap
by Gold Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 1:38 AM

Quoting rlk121909:

Thanks for the reply... Ive never had bronchitis or pneumonia to know what it feels like or to be worried about and IDK if my throat is so sore from coughing so hard or something else.

rlk121909
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 1:41 AM

yea i would get checked out it could be those it could be an upper respritory it could be strep. i constantly had strep from like 10-14 multiple times a year and i would cough alot and it hurt like hell :/

Quoting horseap:

Quoting rlk121909:

Thanks for the reply... Ive never had bronchitis or pneumonia to know what it feels like or to be worried about and IDK if my throat is so sore from coughing so hard or something else.

areyouatroll
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 1:47 AM
I would go buy a juicer and drink 3-6 green juices a day. Kale, spinach, romaine, tomato, cucumber, carrot, celery, lemon, green apple, & ginger, the main one.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
horseap
by Gold Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 1:48 AM

I had mono when I was in HS and I would get strep a LOT worse after.  This doesnt feel as bad(usually swallowing anything is a mother and I would rather drool all over myself than constantly suffer... JK I only drool on myself when I sleep)  But I couldnt eat dinner tonight ( made salisbury steaks and mashed tatoes thinking it would go down easy) but the steaks kept getting stuck in my throat :(  I can feel pressure in my ears and to be honest I dont remember the last time I had an ear infection.  I just want Aidens birthday to go great :(

Quoting rlk121909:

yea i would get checked out it could be those it could be an upper respritory it could be strep. i constantly had strep from like 10-14 multiple times a year and i would cough alot and it hurt like hell :/

Quoting horseap:

Quoting rlk121909:

horseap
by Gold Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 1:53 AM

Quoting areyouatroll:

I would go buy a juicer and drink 3-6 green juices a day. Kale, spinach, romaine, tomato, cucumber, carrot, celery, lemon, green apple, & ginger, the main one.

I swear I would do anything to get better by Sat.  Is this just an immune boost type thing?  When I was younger a friends parents (when she had a sore throat) would make her eat tomatoslices with salt on them or pickles.  I always guessed it had something to do with the acid and a salt water gargle thing...  Same idea? 

Lynette
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 1:53 AM

Sounds like the flu that is going around.  Could be turnning into something more.

horseap
by Gold Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 1:56 AM

Quoting Lynette:

Sounds like the flu that is going around.  Could be turnning into something more.

It threw me off because the kids seemed to have this 48 hour type thing and mine was completely different.  As we were in bed last night this tamiflu commercial came on and DH was like... You should have gotten that!  Well NO SHIT!  If I had know they had something for the flu my ass would have been in there DAYS ago.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 1, 2013 at 1:57 AM
Eat honey. It will coat your throat and it has natural healing powers. When my throat is raw I eat spoonful after spoonfuls and put it in tea also
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)