Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

**update** How do I get better?!!! Trip to the Dr?

Posted by   + Show Post

SO, everyone in the house had been sick.  Ds(I posted in here about his) lymph nodes are starting to go down in his groin and today was his last day on antibiotics.  He still seems like hes lagging behind and is lazy.( you know how LOs get when they dont feel good.)  DD1 had a high fever and vomiting and was down for 2 days.  DD2 was the same, then I spiked a fever but instead have a TERRIBLE cough, its hard to catch my breath when I do cough, I get wheezy and my voice is shot.  DD2 seems to be getting the same thing and so now is hubby.  I could only take yesterday off work(my fever was kicking my butt and is gone today) and DH begged me to stay home today but I only got 4 days this week and I CANNOT miss 2 days. Checking in guest is bad enough but people are hanging up on me because I cant get sound out loud enough for them to hear over the phone! DSs birthday party is Sat and I need to NEED TO get better like tomorrow!  Every year his birthday gets messed up 2 years ago he had surgery the day after his birthday and last year my grampa went in the hospital and we didnt know when the end would be so we had to cancel his party. I cant cancel it and ruin this for him.  Other than Popsicles and hot tea any tips to get better quickly?  Ive never had a cough this bad where my muscles burn and hurt from coughing so hard and Im gasping for breath after.  Is this an I need to take my butt to the Dr thing, because usually I just wait it out at home :/  TIA!

I couldn't take it anymore and went to the Dr. Its bronchitis :( she gave me a shot of steroids and antibiotics then a script for oral antibiotics. I just want it to feel better. My mom and sister are going to run the party for me. Thanks for all the help though!

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 1:23 AM
Replies (11-20):
horseap
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:02 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

Eat honey. It will coat your throat and it has natural healing powers. When my throat is raw I eat spoonful after spoonfuls and put it in tea also

Is there a tea you prefer over others for your throat?  I will gag down sleepytime throat tamer tea but Im out so all I have is Bigelows french vanilla raspberry royal and vanilla chai  :/

MixedCooke
by Platinum Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:31 AM

Vitamin C drops and Zinc will knock it right out.  Honey helps with soar throat issues and as long as the baby is over a year old, they can also have honey for their throat soreness as well.

areyouatroll
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:35 AM
Yes. I do it when I'm sick and I start feeling better in Less than ten minutes after drinking a juice. It's amazing. It tastes gross to me, but I still do it because it makes you feel awesome right away. I'll give you the amounts if you want to make the juice.

Quoting horseap:

Quoting areyouatroll:

I would go buy a juicer and drink 3-6 green juices a day. Kale, spinach, romaine, tomato, cucumber, carrot, celery, lemon, green apple, & ginger, the main one.

I swear I would do anything to get better by Sat.  Is this just an immune boost type thing?  When I was younger a friends parents (when she had a sore throat) would make her eat tomatoslices with salt on them or pickles.  I always guessed it had something to do with the acid and a salt water gargle thing...  Same idea? 

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
wooly
by Knitting Maniac on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:44 AM

When my dh or kids are sick with coughs or my husband gets laryngitis I make lemonade( you can just use RealLemon if you have it in the fridge. I make the lemonade with 1 Tbl of the RealLemon juice to 1 cup of water and microwave till it's hot. Then I sweeten it with Honey and I get them to drink it as hot as they can stand without burning themselves. It really helps to soothe a sore throat, calm a cough and it'll even help open up your ears. But if you are still like this in a couple of days I'd call my Dr for an appt!

mymanben
by Silver Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:49 AM
I once worked with a lady from mexico. She always had me melt a spoonful of honey and eat it. I've got it now....been drinking theraflu and add honey too it
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
horseap
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 3:21 AM

Im down for anything right now!  My throat feels like its cracking and is on fire because I keep pulling in such deep breaths.  I swear to you I sing MY THROAT IS ON FIRE to the tune of Alicia Keys Girl On Fire in my head so I dont go insane!

Quoting areyouatroll:

Yes. I do it when I'm sick and I start feeling better in Less than ten minutes after drinking a juice. It's amazing. It tastes gross to me, but I still do it because it makes you feel awesome right away. I'll give you the amounts if you want to make the juice.

Quoting horseap:

Quoting areyouatroll:

I would go buy a juicer and drink 3-6 green juices a day. Kale, spinach, romaine, tomato, cucumber, carrot, celery, lemon, green apple, & ginger, the main one.

I swear I would do anything to get better by Sat.  Is this just an immune boost type thing?  When I was younger a friends parents (when she had a sore throat) would make her eat tomatoslices with salt on them or pickles.  I always guessed it had something to do with the acid and a salt water gargle thing...  Same idea? 

4kids4tara
by Silver Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 3:33 AM

You could have pertussis. See a doc.

horseap
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 3:37 AM

Quoting 4kids4tara:

I thought pertusis was only bad in children and I got a booster in 2011 when I had DD.  Dont they (booster vacs) last for 5 years?

horseap
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 3:38 AM

Quoting 4kids4tara:

But youre right when you see the add on tv the *cough cough gasp sound*  thats what I sound like.  DD2 sounds that way*the gasp* but only if shes crying hard.

4kids4tara
by Silver Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:44 AM

Quoting horseap:

Quoting 4kids4tara:

I thought pertusis was only bad in children and I got a booster in 2011 when I had DD.  Dont they (booster vacs) last for 5 years?

I honestly don't know how long they last. You should be good with just getting it in 2011.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN