Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

It annoys the hell out of me when people feel the need to.....

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Stand right in my face when they are talking to me!!!

Lmao, I mean really. I realize that many cultures are not taught about giving people their personal space, but come on! I was talking to this dude at work today and I felt like he was about to make out with me! Cant they just "feel" like it is too close to be chatting with someone, let alone someone they dont even know.........?
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 1, 2013 at 1:47 AM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 1, 2013 at 1:56 AM
I will try this!! Thx

Quoting tastelikeyum:

Change your body language. Don't stand straight up, lol that is supposed to mean your are inviting a person to your space. Keep one foot forward and cross your arms. I was told that in some class in college and tried it out. It actually worked for some people.

by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 1:56 AM

I usually make a joke about it and laugh, "yo in mah bubble"

Quoting calvinsmommy18:

You don't have to be rude about it. You can just say I'm uncomfortable with you being so close to me. Or something like that.

Quoting Anonymous:

Im too shy to say that. I dont want to appear to be a Bitch...... Im 32 yrs old though and should not care what they think, I guess.

Quoting calvinsmommy18:

I just step back. And if they step forward I have no problem asking for a little personal space.

aponder
by Bronze Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 1:57 AM

Tell them their breathe stinks LOL

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 1, 2013 at 1:57 AM
Lmao......... that is a good way

Quoting 428:

I usually make a joke about it and laugh, "yo in mah bubble"

Quoting calvinsmommy18:

You don't have to be rude about it. You can just say I'm uncomfortable with you being so close to me. Or something like that.

Quoting Anonymous:

Im too shy to say that. I dont want to appear to be a Bitch...... Im 32 yrs old though and should not care what they think, I guess.

Quoting calvinsmommy18:

I just step back. And if they step forward I have no problem asking for a little personal space.

MamaMoopsie
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 1:58 AM
1 mom liked this

Haha! My first appointment with a new OB/GYN I met the nurse practitioner. She came in all friendly and sweet and then she sat down on the little round rolling seat. My DH and I were sitting side by side in little armed chairs and she rolled her stool up so that her knee was between my legs almost touching my crotch and leaned in real close and talked and talked and gestured emphatically. I thought she was going to hit me. DH said he thought I was going to bust through the wall to get away or climb into his lap!

Funny thing is, I really like that nurse practitioner. She's so hard NOT to like but I could so do with a little more personal space when I see her!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:02 AM
Lmao! I can picture that. My doctor is like that too, except his thing is more wide eyed eye contact and holds the eye contact way longer than it needs to be. ROTFLMOA!

Quoting MamaMoopsie:

Haha! My first appointment with a new OB/GYN I met the nurse practitioner. She came in all friendly and sweet and then she sat down on the little round rolling seat. My DH and I were sitting side by side in little armed chairs and she rolled her stool up so that her knee was between my legs almost touching my crotch and leaned in real close and talked and talked and gestured emphatically. I thought she was going to hit me. DH said he thought I was going to bust through the wall to get away or climb into his lap!

Funny thing is, I really like that nurse practitioner. She's so hard NOT to like but I could so do with a little more personal space when I see her!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:07 AM
1 mom liked this

Sanctimommy
by Platinum Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:18 AM

Actually, many cultures ARE taught about giving others personal space. But North Americans demand way more than most cultures. We tend to prefer twice the distance between ourselves and others than Europeans do. That doesn't mean that Europeans do not teach their children to respect personal space. They have different definitions of personal space.

Quoting Anonymous:

I realize that many cultures are not taught about giving people their personal space, but come on!  

tastelikeyum
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:20 AM
Your welcome!! I had to do this to some people because either they spit when they talk or their breath stinks. I have a bad habit of holding my breath if someone breath stinks. I have to turn away from the person and breath lol.

Quoting Anonymous:

I will try this!! Thx

Quoting tastelikeyum:

Change your body language. Don't stand straight up, lol that is supposed to mean your are inviting a person to your space. Keep one foot forward and cross your arms. I was told that in some class in college and tried it out. It actually worked for some people.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
camama007
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:22 AM
I hate this. when people feel like they need to stand right next to you while you pay with your debt card. I had to actually tell a lady she needed to back up, that I didn't need her help putting in my pin.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN