Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

It annoys the hell out of me when people feel the need to.....

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Stand right in my face when they are talking to me!!!

Lmao, I mean really. I realize that many cultures are not taught about giving people their personal space, but come on! I was talking to this dude at work today and I felt like he was about to make out with me! Cant they just "feel" like it is too close to be chatting with someone, let alone someone they dont even know.........?
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 1, 2013 at 1:47 AM
Replies (21-27):
babyboy117
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:23 AM

I feel the same way. It makes me extremely uncomfortable.I also hate when people touch me on my shoulder when they are talking to me or touch me at all. Unless it's my husband or child.

Diamondblue1
by Silver Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:23 AM
That's when you have to step back a little bit.
AngryBob
by Platinum Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:26 AM
My six week check up, there was a lady with her kid standing RIGHT BEHIND me as I was checking out. I kept turning at her and giving her a look, but she never got the clue. So rude. Like I wanted her to know what I keep in my uterus lol.

Quoting camama007:

I hate this. when people feel like they need to stand right next to you while you pay with your debt card. I had to actually tell a lady she needed to back up, that I didn't need her help putting in my pin.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
AngryBob
by Platinum Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:28 AM
I am an extremely touchy feely person, but i don't touch strangers, and I don't like to be touched by strangers. I don't get why people feel the need to lay their hands on someone else.

Quoting babyboy117:

I feel the same way. It makes me extremely uncomfortable.I also hate when people touch me on my shoulder when they are talking to me or touch me at all. Unless it's my husband or child.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:29 AM
Yes, many are taught and many are not.

Quoting Sanctimommy:

Actually, many cultures ARE taught about giving others personal space. But North Americans demand way more than most cultures. We tend to prefer twice the distance between ourselves and others than Europeans do. That doesn't mean that Europeans do not teach their children to respect personal space. They have different definitions of personal space.

Quoting Anonymous:

I realize that many cultures are not taught about giving people their personal space, but come on!  

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:30 AM
1 mom liked this
Lmao! I do the same thing.

Quoting tastelikeyum:

Your welcome!! I had to do this to some people because either they spit when they talk or their breath stinks. I have a bad habit of holding my breath if someone breath stinks. I have to turn away from the person and breath lol.

Quoting Anonymous:

I will try this!! Thx

Quoting tastelikeyum:

Change your body language. Don't stand straight up, lol that is supposed to mean your are inviting a person to your space. Keep one foot forward and cross your arms. I was told that in some class in college and tried it out. It actually worked for some people.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:34 AM
She must have felt stupid, but aw well. They should know better. Just like those people who stand right behind u at the ATM! That REALLY irritates the hell out of me. I havent said anything yet, but I do give dirty looks. I guess Im just scared that if i say something, they would pick me out as a target if they were planning to rob someone.

Quoting camama007:

I hate this. when people feel like they need to stand right next to you while you pay with your debt card. I had to actually tell a lady she needed to back up, that I didn't need her help putting in my pin.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)